Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing organization, has an opening for a Project Manager to work within one of our large clients in the Des Moines, IA area. This 12+ month contract with the possibility of extension.
Please send your resume to Brooke Hileman at BHileman@apexsystems.com if you're interested in learning more about this role! To view all jobs from Apex, and/or sign up to receive posting alerts that match your criteria, join our Talent Network via http://itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com/.
The Project Manager will organize and manage project spend also working on multiple projects including driving the integration of print services, mail room operations, and organization of expanded in-house business processes associated with the transition of an outsourced state program administration to in-house management. Additionally, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing fiscal appropriations for multiple projects keying primarily on educating themselves on State/Federal appropriation rules and standards, tracking project spending against those appropriations, and managing the diversification of funding sources while insuring the projects maintain compliance with all State and Federal requirements.
The PM will work with multiple business and platform areas. The Project Manager will conduct project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis, ensuring adherence to quality standards and project deliverables.
Ability to manage multiple swim lanes across IT and Business to align the delivery of complex IT systems with business processes and federal compliance requirements.
The PM will be part of a PMO team responsible for all aspects of IT project governance, assessment, management and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; build a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ability to work within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting)
• Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and drive business and IT teams.
• Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
• Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Ability to gather and organize multiple simultaneous complex business process scenarios
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent budget/financial management experience and skills
• Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills
• Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives
• Demonstrate experience managing multiple complex funding streams
• Demonstrate experience managing multiple parallel non-technical business process streams
• Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate.
• Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project and program management
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178