Education: Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering from an accredited university is preferred.
Certification: Professional Engineering and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) registration is highly preferred or may be required.
Experience: This position requires up to 10 years of relevant experience in engineering and project management.
Generally responsible for performing all aspects of project management for moderately complex engineering project assignments ensuring total delivery of the services on time, within performance budget and quality expectations. This work will be performed under minimal supervision.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Efficiently manage promotional projects minimizing the cost to Hargrove by working with the Engineering Resource Leaders to accurately estimate Professional Services man hours to complete the project while achieving the objectives.
- Successfully managing commercial contract(s) on one or more projects of various sizes, as required. Ensure that invoices are paid in a timely manner, Project Change Notices are processed, monthly Office Earnings Report (OER) is reviewed in the time allotted, and the project(s) plan in Vision is current.
- Maintaining control of the project by tracking and maintaining discipline performance budget progress, schedule commitments, and quality standards. Understanding and utilizing the project tools that are available for project control.
- Participating in development of all major technical, cost, scheduling and performance decisions on assigned projects.
- Familiarity with project scope, specifications, deliverables required by client, and design criteria upon assignment to a project and gaining Hargrove team alignment of schedule and budget in regard to deliverables required. Work with client team to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly by championing the Project Change Notice process and promoting a positive Change Management culture.
- Leading the effort in building a productive Team both within Hargrove and with the client. Utilize rewards where applicable to recognize outstanding contributions.
- Coordinating resource requirements with other ongoing project work and insure all parties’ expectations are aligned.
- Planning and organizing the work of your team. Communicating the plan to your team, the project leadership team and the client. Aligning the expectations of all parties. Conduct weekly coordination meetings with the Team.
- Maintaining timely and accurate reporting including weekly and monthly reports utilizing a comprehensive action item list.
- Reviewing engineering documents, vendor submittals, fabrication drawings and other construction submittals for compliance with engineering drawings, specifications, good engineering practice, and project objectives. Project Manager is responsible for ensuring all documentation is reviewed and checked against vendor submittals, specifications, interdiscipline, etc. regardless of resource location.
- Ensuring that standard project work processes are followed by all team members through all phases of engineering, procurement, and construction.
- Interviewing discipline leads to maintain up-to-date progress against man hour expended analysis. Project Manager is responsible for overall financial health of each project with the respective discipline leads being responsible for producing the required deliverables within the given budget.
- Assessing the performance of the project team members through the course of the project, and work with resource leadership to organize a qualified and motivated project team.
- Ensuring project documentation is properly reviewed and approved by the client.
- Providing Construction Phase Support, start-up assistance, and response to Requests for Information, as needed.
- Managing timeliness of client team decision making and package approval.
- Promoting continuing positive relations with the client building on long term relationships that continue to add additional services.
- Completing project closeout as required by the client.
- Effectively and proactively managing the client needs at all stages of the project.
- Knowledge of the Hargrove project execution procedures.
- Knowledge and application of company business standards and good practices.
- Knowledge and application of company engineering standards and project controls tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in complex project management.
- Ability to lead a team to deliver on commitments.
- A comprehensive understanding of the function of all engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction processes.
- Ability to manage client relationships in complex situations.
- Ability to relate easily to others in the business community such as customers, suppliers, contractors, government, professional and trade associations.
- Ability to handle stress with poise.
- Understanding of existing and potential customer needs and preferences.
- Ability to delegate authority appropriately.
- Ability to clearly communicate expectations and requirements to team members and to structure accountability.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with team orientation.
- Coaching and mentoring skills and experience.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.