Our client is looking for a Project Manager for their office in Durham, NC. This will be a long-term contract (1-2 years). Qualified candidates should have experience working on confidential projects that involve outsource operations and working extensively with Stakeholders. If interested, please send your resume to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The Project Manager creates a consultative partnership with business owners to define, plan, and deliver initiatives through all aspects of project life cycles to meet agreed acceptance criteria. This position manages projects of moderate or higher complexity in accordance with industry best practices. These projects touch multiple business areas, requiring cross-functional alignment of stakeholders, processes, and systems. They involve integration with other companies and their systems. Types of projects vary widely: launches of new products or services; migration to new business applications; outsourcing of business or system capabilities;, and more. Projects employ various delivery approaches such as waterfall and agile, often in combination.
General Project Management and Facilitation
- Engages delivery partners within information technology, architecture, analytics and enterprise security areas for software development projects according to industry best practices.
- Accountable for ensuring that deliverables from business and technology partners are produced and approved according to multiple project schedules. This includes requirement documents, functional and technical design documents, test plans, etc.
- Proactively identifies and manages project risks and dependencies and raises awareness around projects across the portfolio.
- Accountable for the development business processes to ensure business readiness at project completion.
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate, and clear communication is provided to our customers and members.
- Responsible for developing, refining, and monitoring the project budgets throughout the project life cycles.
- Manages budgets to hours and dollar allocations to the approved amounts in accordance with financial processes.
- Proactively manages the change request process for project level scope, schedule and budget changes throughout the project life cycle.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and mandates which includes all internal and external audit requirements.
- Accountable for monitoring and effectively representing project as well as works with the project team to develop mitigation strategies for any risks and dependencies across the portfolio.
- Coordination of project team and vendor training to ensure accuracy on requirements and design on new software.
- Accountable for stakeholder identification and engagement throughout the project life cycle to ensure business readiness and proactive identification of risks and dependencies.
- Represents projects in executive level presentations in various project governance and inter-departmental forums.
- Accountable for driving project deliverables and compliance through the vendor contracting process for multiple vendors at a time.
- Manages the execution of contracted work to ensure contract compliance as well as timely receipt of deliverables and funds.
- Assembles, mobilizes, and motivates teams to set direction, approach, identify skill gaps, and resolve conflict in a highly matrixed environment to lead projects to conclusion.
- Accountable for managing allocated resources from multiple delivery partners while working within approved hours and scope.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years project management or equivalent experience to include enterprise-wide and multiple concurrent projects of increasing complexity.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, five years project management experience to include enterprise-wide and multiple concurrent projects of increasing complexity may be considered.
- Stakeholder management with influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle including: development tools/technologies, release/version control, testing methodologies and deployment management
- Understanding of project management methodology.
- Experience leading organizational change at the project level.
- Healthcare/insurance experience.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Visio, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Planview.
- Experience with Waterfall, or Agile methodology.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification or Certified Scrum Master certification.
The following personality attributes characterize highly successful project managers:
- Provide strong consultative leadership as a member of the project leadership team
- Proactive team leadership and conflict management
- Effective stakeholder management via communication and presentation skills
- Ability to leverage team strengths and encourage effective collaboration
- Effective in a highly matrixed environment
- Initiates action to accomplish goals and objectives
- Influences team members and stakeholders to promote project and organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong prioritization and time management Excellent interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an often changing, ambiguous work environment. Demonstrated statistical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178