Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
Due to continued growth, Sargent & Lundy's Electric Grid Infrastructure Services group currently has an opportunity for a Project Manager in its Wilmington, Delaware office. This position will offer you the opportunity to manage a project team consisting of engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing high voltage substations.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and implementing solutions to expand and modernize the electric grid.
- Direct the Team Lead in the coordination of engineering and design from concept through detailed design execution, field support and closeout.
- Support overall account management and client engagement with peer to peer reporting, coordination and conflict resolution.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate systems design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
Essential skills and experience:
- BS from an ABET-accredited engineering program or an advanced management/business degree
- Specific experience in Project Management of Utility Transmission & Distribution Substation Projects.
- Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEC, IEEE and ANSI.
- 15 or more years experience in the design of multi-disciplined solutions in a project team environment for utility high voltage substations. Experience must include an understanding of electrical, civil, structural scopes of work, conceptual development, industry best practices, design basis, the selection of equipment and materials, and the preparation of construction packages.
- Five or more years experience in leading an engineering design team through all phases of a project design.
- Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to execute systems design.
- Proven communication skillset both verbal and written in support of presentations, proposals and reports.
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Experience and understanding of construction documents
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- FE or PE License
- PMP Certification.
- Construction and start-up experience a plus.
- Commissioning experience a plus.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.