Bright Power works with forward-thinking owners and developers to identify, design, and implement custom energy and water solutions on a wide variety of systems. Our team is comprised of a diverse, talented, and hard-working group of individuals committed to growing this industry and to making a positive impact on the environment.
Bright Power has been a transformative player in clean energy and sustainable housing for 15 years. Our Clients include affordable housing owners and developers, Fortune 1000 financial and real estate investors, privately held firms, and some of the nationâ€™s largest property managers.
We are passionate about reducing energy and water usage through the implementation of energy efficiency, electrification, and renewable energy technologies. Our goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value of our clientâ€™s buildings, while cultivating a sustainable future. We believe deeply in doing well by doing good and come to work every day seeking to change the world.
Title: Project Manager: Energy, Water & Solar Retrofits
Location: Bright Power West Coast, Oakland, CA
Bright Power is seeking a project manager to oversee the installation of energy and water retrofits projects for our clients. Acting in a general contractor project manager capacity, you will oversee multiple subcontractors and vendors for projects ranging from $75,000 to $3,000,000 in existing buildings. Reporting to the director of our retrofit installation group, you will be responsible for overall budget, schedule, safety, quality and project performance while coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
- Review and understand all project documents including contracts, plans and specifications.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Evaluate subcontractor proposals and select subcontractors to provide plumbing, lighting, mechanical, or other services.
- Manage the prime contract and budget, writing and issuing subcontracts, purchase orders and approving invoices.
- Attend client and site meetings maintaining up-to-date internal project status and documentation requirements.
- Coordinate filings, permits and construction inspections.
- Review and process submittals, RFIâ€™s, change orders and shop drawings.
- Support the project development team in the creation of scopes, plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
- Generate project punch list and close-out documentation and oversee project final completion.
- General knowledge of building systems, construction best practices, and sustainable design.
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
- Ability to understand architectural, mechanical, and electrical plans and specifications.
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules.
- Self-motivated and able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ideal candidate would have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing construction projects on existing buildings.
- Mechanical, electrical, general contracting or HVAC background/experience.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in mechanical or civil engineering, or related field of study.
- Familiarity with Procore, or similar construction project management software.
- General knowledge of building code and incentive program requirements.
- Experience with systems commissioning, cost estimating, CAD, load/sizing calculations, and equipment selections are preferred, but not required.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
The candidate will spend about 80% of their time in the office (and/or from home during COVID) and 20% of their time working onsite at occupied multifamily buildings. The work environment of occupied multifamily buildings has some inherent hazards, which may be encountered while performing the activities at the site. Protective equipment (such as: work-boots, masks, safety glasses, gloves, hardhats, hearing protection, etc.,) may be required to be worn while at a property, due to construction and safety hazards that may be present. Visits to properties may result in exposures to various hazards. Employees must be capable of using protective equipment and following specific safety procedures, as needed.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 20-pound objects. Specific vision and hearing abilities may be required by this job, which include close vision and ability to adjust focus based on the task and surrounding activity. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will need to use tools, including powered hand tools, and be able to observe and test building machinery, which may include combustion appliances, and appliances that have moving parts, belts, pulleys, elevators, motors, pumps and/or fans). Equipment for working at height (such as: ladders, mechanical lifts, etc.,) may be required to be used. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Bright Power provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bright Power complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Bright Power expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bright Power’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Powered by JazzHR