Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Energy’s Renewables Certification group is seeking a Project Manager with an engineering background, to join our Renewables Certification (RC) team in Boston (Medford), MA. We seek a highly-motivated candidate with the ambition and capability to contribute and support the initiation and execution of new and ongoing CVA (Certified Verification Agency) contracts.RC will grow its business in the US offshore wind market and therefore seeks a person to represent RC services in the rapidly growing CVA offshore wind market. Since CVA work is a highly-specialized competence area, most of the design review work will be delivered out of RC in Europe in the short to mid-term. Work tasks related to manufacturing and surveillance will depend on actual production location for the projects but is expected to become predominantly US-based.
Renewables Certification belongs to Business Area Energy providing advisory, and certification services within wind, solar, energy management and transmission & distribution systems with 2500 people globally.
Renewables Certification (RC) has the global responsibility for Type Certification (TC), Component Certification (CC) and Project Certification (PC) within DNV GL Energy. Project Certification resulting in formal conformity statements or project certificates, has a similar work scope executed as a Certified Verification Agency required by BOEM in US.
Currently RC consists of 200 experts with locations in Boston, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Dresden, London, Shanghai, Beijing, Bangalore and Taipei. DNV GL is a market leader in Renewables Certification and work with the leading OEM’s in the TC wind market in addition to being involved in more than 80% of PC for offshore wind parks in the world.
Tasks may Include
- Overall responsibility of the position is to help grow the RC business in the US offshore wind market in accordance with the RCs strategic objectives. Extended collaboration and coordination is anticipated with relevant US-based Energy advisory colleagues within the offshore wind area, the Offshore Wind Segment Leader, the Global Manager for Sales & BD in RC, relevant Energy Key Account Managers, Oil & Gas and Maritime colleagues in the US as well as line managers within RC
- Perform as Project Manager for (one or more) US CVA projects supported by design review leads/managers in Hamburg/Copenhagen
- Provide coordination of work tasks and deliveries from other DNV GL units in US and abroad
- Prepare CVA nomination package including coordinating responses to BOEM with RC Europe on behalf of customers
- Delivering technical review in one or more of the CVA work tasks related to the certification of Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) & Support Structure, Electrical Service Platform (ESP) and/or offshore power cables
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical) or similar
- At least 5 years of engineering and PM experience with preference towards wind energy experience, offshore engineering or similar. Understanding of Certification and CVA services and processes preferred
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is preferred
- Highly professional and credible presence during interaction with customers and within DNV GL across all management levels
- Excellent networking skills. Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and customers
- Strong commercial attitude and strategic mind-set. Highly self-motivated and result oriented
- Well organized & proactive, able to successfully work in a fast paced and competitive environment with diverse people – clients and co-workers
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 20% of the time
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment background check and drug test
Opportunities Beyond BusinessOur mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company and Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!