Tacoma Power is offering a position for an Engineering Project Manager to join a team of diverse engineering professionals in our Generation Section. This team has designed and managed award-winning projects that are vital to the advancement of Tacoma's hydropower generation. Principles of innovation, teamwork and customer focus drive this team. In this role, you will manage a broad range of projects from inception through to operations and maintenance. If you enjoy a challenge, come serve our community with us.
Tacoma Power's Plant Engineering and Construction Services, Civil Team is led by Jessica Knickerbocker. The team's primary objective is to support our Hydroelectric Projects and Fish Facilities, which include our dams, hatcheries, habitat restoration, parks buildings, substations, transmission and distribution systems. As a result, we build a wide variety of AMAZING and UNIQUE projects.
Our hydroelectric projects generate about three billion kilowatt hours of electricity each year. Our fish facilities are state of the art and provide unique design opportunities that require innovation to the highest degree. As a member of this high-energy team, you will collaborate with staff from all levels of our organization and play a vital role in creating lasting relationships will all of our customers.
- Provide project management expertise on projects required as part of the Capital and Maintenance budgets;
- Prepare business cases, project charters, and project management plans;
- Coordinate all phases of projects from planning, design, construction, project closeout, and support for operations and maintenance;
- Communication and collaboration with team members, customers, stakeholders, internal and external agencies;
- Author specifications and prepare bid documents, prepare engineering calculations and design drawings
- Organize and lead construction and design coordination meetings
- Initiate and administer contracts with various consultants and suppliers.
Job Type: Non-Classified
Location: Tacoma, Washington