BEM Systems, Inc. (BEM) is a nationwide consulting firm, which provides comprehensive environmental consulting services and data management solutions to federal, state, and local government agencies. Our areas of technical practice are focused on environmental planning and compliance, remediation, natural and water resources, and environmental data management. Our firm enjoys a distinguished reputation for client responsiveness and creative problem solving to help make our client’s operations more efficient and sustainable.
We are seeking a Project Manager - Environmental Professional in the surrounding Anchorage area. You will manage our growing backlog of environmental remediation projects and work closely with the Department of Defense and other federal agencies located throughout Alaska in connection with site remediation and groundwater contamination.
- Manage site investigation and remediation projects regulated by ADEC and/or EPA Region X;
- Develop and negotiate work plans with state and federal regulators;
- Create detailed conceptual site models using visualization tools;
- Author technically sound reports for both client and regulatory review and approval;
- Develop project budgets with accurate cost estimates and competitive bids;
- Manage all project-related costs, determine earned value and project milestones; and
- Prepare and conduct technical briefings using graphical and statistically based techniques.
- Advanced degree with an emphasis in engineering or environmental sciences or related scientific degree required;
- Eight or more years of experience with environmental investigation, remediation or restoration projects for federal or state government agencies required, preferably in remote Alaska projects;
- Professional Licensure (PE, CPG, etc.) is preferred, however verifiable experience with quality references would also be considered;
- Professional membership (ITRC, ASCE, etc.) is a plus;
- Experience with emerging contaminants of concern (COCs) such as PFOA and PFOS and specific sampling requirements;
- Proven track record of successful project execution in terms of profitability, meeting milestones, risk management and client satisfaction;
- Experience with EPA protocols, CERCLA, RCRA, and State of Alaska regulations for contaminated sites and emerging contaminants;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Tireless attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency; and
- Self-directed and team-oriented
What You’ll Receive:
- Access to Fortune 500 quality benefits and perks!
- Competitive Salary
- Performance-Based Bonus Opportunity
- Matching 401(k) Savings Plan along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance coverage and a tuition reimbursement program.
- BEM provides excellent opportunities for long-term career growth and future skills development.