Job ID: 218860
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
This position will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of a project or projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain daily control of project(s): management and coordination of onsite personnel, equipment operations and subcontractor activities.
- Ensure all operations are in full compliance with Federal/State/Local Regulations including Environmental, OSHA, MUTCD and DOT Regulations.
- Perform take-offs from plans.
- Ability to dissect project plans and specification to determine project critical path, productivity targets, labor, equipment, material and trucking cost estimates.
- Tours work sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules and detect insufficient utilization of labor and equipment.
- Inpsects work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and ensure costruction schedules are adhered to.
- Read and comprehend project specifications
- Accurate pricing of products based on given cost factors.
- Knowledgeable with DOT specifications as well as ASTM, ASHTO, and MUTCD specifications.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates using historical data and productivity modules.
- Assist with tracking project costs and revenues.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, subcontractors, general contractors, as well as, customers/owners representatives.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and operating guidelines.
- Oversee and direct all project personnel.
- Accurate and timely preparation of project schedules, timecards, equipment hours, production reports and purchase orders.
- Must have a good understanding of construction methods, materials and blue print reading.
- Must be knowledgeable with survey and project layout
- Daily communications with the internal/external stakeholders regarding project status.
- Monitor project costs and revenues by reviewing internal project reports and meeting frequently with the customer/owner representatives on pay quantities prior to each estimate.
- Optimize project efficiencies in transportation, materials and productivity rates.
- Negotiates and prepares change orders as necessary.
- Assist in dealing with employee issues and subcontractor/vendor performance issues.
- Ability to resolve problems and make project decisions that maximize project opportunities.
- Display strong leadership & teamwork skills.
- Continuously strives to improve customer satisfaction (internal and external).
- Other projects as directed
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Degree preferred.
- Individuals must have a strong background in project management, estimating, and construction.
- 5 or more years’ experience in estimating and project management required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, reports and company manuals.
- Ability to write detailed correspondence, effectively present information and be able to respond to questions from management, staff, customers and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute, rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs and knowledge of trigonometry.
- Ability to recognize problems and put forth reasonable solutions by establishing the facts.
- Ability to interpret data from reports, project specification or project plans.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use a computer to communicate and analyze data. This includes the use of Outlook, Excel, Word and scheduling software (Microsoft project/Primavera, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include:
- Safely operator a motor vehicle frequently, such as a pick-up truck, often in rough, uneven conditions.
- Inspect construction progress by walking throughout the worksite, which often involves walking on slopes and very uneven terrain or rocks.
- Climbing steps to office trailers or box trailers.
- Utilizing office equipment
- Alternating frequently between sitting, standing, walking and climbing
- Maintaining mental alertness at all times to ensure safety of all employees for whom the individual is responsible.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk and talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.