Job ID: 157079
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
This position will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of a project or projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Including responsibility for sales and marketing of materials construction products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain daily control of project(s): management and coordination of onsite personnel, equipment operations and subcontractor activities.
- Ensure all operations are in full compliance with Federal/State/Local Regulations
- Perform take-offs from plans.
- Read and comprehend project specifications
- Accurate pricing of products based on given cost factors.
- Knowledgeable with DOT specifications.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates using historical data and productivity modules.
- Assist Operations with tracking project costs and revenues.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors, subcontractors, general contractors, as well as, customers/owners representatives.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and operating guidelines.
- Oversee and direct all project personnel.
- Accurate and timely preparation of project schedules, timecards, equipment hours, production reports and purchase orders.
- Must have a good understanding of construction methods, materials and blue print reading.
- Must be knowledgeable with survey and project layout
- Daily communications with the internal/external stakeholders regarding project status.
- Monitor project costs and revenues by reviewing internal project reports and meeting frequently with the customer/owner representatives on pay quantities prior to each estimate.
- Optimize project efficiencies in transportation, materials and productivity rates.
- Assist in dealing with employee issues and subcontractor/vendor performance issues.
- Ability to resolve problems and make project decisions that maximize project opportunities.
- Display strong leadership & teamwork skills.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, customers and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Ensure the project meets or exceeds the QC/QA goals.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Individuals must have a strong background in project management, estimating, and construction.
- 5+ years of Job Site Superintendent or Project Management experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Safely operator a motor vehicle frequently, such as a pick-up truck, often in rough, uneven conditions. Including mounting and dismounting equipment.
- Inspect construction progress by walking throughout the worksite, which often involves walking on slopes and very uneven terrain or rocks.
- Climbing steps to office trailers or box trailers.
- Utilizing office equipment while sitting.
- Alternating frequently between sitting, standing, walking and climbing
- Occasional lifting.
- Maintaining mental alertness at all times to ensure safety of all employees for whom the individual is responsible.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.