The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project.
Including but not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for safety, quality, and budget for projects ranging in size
- In charge of project cost, staffing, and scheduling
- Direct reports include: Field Superintendent, Project Engineer, Office Manager, QC, Project Manager, and Safety.
- Prepare project status reports and work to ensure work adheres to contract specifications
- Lead and direct the work of others
- Communicate district and corporate information to the project team as well as keeping DM/ADM updated
- Direct and supervise work or project administration, project superintendents, and engineers to establish operation priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships
- Establish/Define/Promote values, expectations, and performance standards for team and individual members in accordance with Lane’s mission, vision, and values
- Create and execute project work plans
- Responsible for the overall management of the project (e.g. resources, schedule) to ensure complete solution is delivered on time and within budget
- Manage cost, schedule, and program documentation.
- Represent Lane’s team and manage their relationships to: Owners, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and other outside stakeholders to the project
- Capable of managing projects in excess of $1 billion
- Effectively provide subcontractor management
- Coach and develop staff
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred but not mandatory
- MUST have Heavy/Highway experience
- Rail experience is prefered - but must have strong highway experience on large sopphistcated and/or design/build projects at a minimum
- Minimum 15 years of project management experience in heavy/highway construction
- Strong working knowledge of grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes
- Creativity and innovation are a must
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.