Plan, coordinate, direct and supervise staff, subcontractors, and vendors engaged on projects ensuring that they complete the work on time, within budget and to the quality specified. Handle multiple projects while serving as the Shaw Construction representative on the Owner-Architect-Shaw team. Is responsible to protect and promote the interest of Shaw in all matters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership of the Shaw project team.
- Organize the division of work among the Shaw team to effectively build projects following Shaw’s Best Practices.
- Takes ownership of project including final contract budget, buyout, and is integral to developing the build strategy.
- Verify compliance with Shaw’s Best Practices through monthly monitoring and reporting.
- Ensures compliance with Owner contract requirements through a thorough review and understanding of the contract, assignment of responsibilities among the team, and monitoring of performance/compliance.
- Manage the client relationship and ensures customer advocacy.
- Ensure overall project performance measured by cost, quality, schedule, safety and client satisfaction.
- Problem solve as needed.
Specific duties include:
- Subcontractor / vendor selection and buy-out
- Budget setup, including sub jobs and rate verification
- Recommends project specific modifications to Shaw standard procedures and subcontracts only as needed and following approval by Construction Manager
- Internal reporting, including monthly job cost forecast
- External reporting
- Procurement of permits, bonds & insurance
- OAC meeting facilitation and meeting minutes
- Approval and proper cost coding of all subcontractor / vendor payments
- Review, approve and manage misc. vendor and labor expenditures
- Preparation of Owner billing, processing of such, and follow up on collections
- Review and approval of subcontractor changes
- Preparation of changes to the Owner, and facilitation of change management process
- Owner communications, including all change / delay notices
- Oversight of submittal process
- Oversight of LEED or other green program
- Oversight of clarification / document control process
- Oversight of schedule management
- Oversight of quality control process
- Oversight of safety program
- Develop and implement job turnover plan
- Develop and implement contract closeout plan
- Facilitate dispute resolution
- Supervise the Project Superintendent
- Supervise / Mentor the Assistant Project Manager
- Supervise / Mentor the Project Engineer
- Participate in company training
- Assist with pre-construction, including estimating and quantification
- Participate in networking and marketing efforts
- Participate in presentations and assist in development of proposals
- Participate in industry organizations
Four-year college degree in engineering, architecture or construction management and at least 8 years of commercial building construction experience required.