Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Plan and manage small to mid-size product development projects or plan and manage a major sub-project within a large multi-functional product development program. The position requires, enthusiastic leadership skills in a highly technical medical instrument product development environment. The individual is required to lead strong technical engineers and scientists to achieve project goals. The position requires regular interaction with project team members and senior management including regularly interface with all levels of the organization from technician through executive management. Under the general direction of a Program Management, this individual directs the project team in a manner to achieve the business results expected. He or she seeks guidance on unusual and complex problems whose solution exceeds the approved project boundaries. Authority of position is that required to carry out assigned duties, except where expressly reserved by the senior management personnel or IL Corporate /Divisional Policy.
Technical and Project Leadership:
- Provide technical and team leadership to one or more project teams, including planning, scheduling, and technical support within the project area.
Project Planning and Scheduling:
- Responsible for project planning and scheduling, clarifying and defining scope of work, utilizing deliverable milestone methods and critical path scheduling, conducting resource planning and allocation, and developing task and project estimates.
- Generates a project plan that meets business objectives and is in compliance with the design control process, while maximizing resource efficiency.
Project Execution and Control:
- Responsible for conducting regular project team status meetings and reviews.
- Ensures deliverables are completed and documented.
- Identifies the need for and implements changes to the project plan that are within approved project boundaries.
Problem Solving Leadership:
- Responsible for coordination of project resources to identify the root cause of project issues, and develop and manage a plan to fix, test, and implement an appropriate solution through completion.
- Responsible for ensuring project risks, both technical risks and management risks, are identified and appropriate risk mitigation plans are included within the project plan.
- Regularly assess and report the status of overall project risk.
- Creates and maintains file to current phase ensuring accuracy.
- Responsible for project communication to both the project team and executive management.
- Able to resolve project team conflict through the application of good listening skills and negotiating skills.
- Able to remove oneself from the problem.
- Fosters creative, professional climate that will maximize the contributions of the technical staff.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate oversight and control of vendors providing development, test or technical services that support the project.
Budget managed (if applicable):
- Based on departmental/project needs
Internal Networking/Key relationships:
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Strong oral and written skills.
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- BS in a technical or management discipline and at least 5 years of experience or an MS/MBA with at least 4 years of experience.
- At least 2 years of product development experience.
- Experience in design and development of medical instrumentation desirable.
International Mobility: Required: no
- <5% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialities of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.