Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenshipand we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
The Project Manager I will be responsible for project planning, project scheduling, cost engineering (project accounting, budgeting amp; forecasting), progress measurement and overall project controls for industrial or heavy industrial EPC projects. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with EPC/GC/CMGC/OE high voltage Tamp;D construction and renewable power generation.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting to ensure corporate profitability goals are met.
- Provide environment where dynamic project communication occurs between Project Engineers, Foremen, Superintendents and Construction Manager to ensure work is accomplished in an efficient, profitable, and safe manner.
- Be accountable and responsible for all aspects of a project or projects from project award through to completion and closeout.
- Responsible for project budgets including controlling project revenue and costs, maintaining and tracking payables and receivables, and project schedules.
- Develop and actively manage work production metrics in a weekly report that includes forecasting production metrics for work completion.
- Provide management support and oversight to subcontractor management.
- Provide management support to procurement of all necessary items under the project scope, including subcontractors, consultants where necessary and materials.
- BS degree inCivil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field orequivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
- 5 + years of experience in Bid/Build Experience in Transmission and Distribution
- Experience in Solar- Renewable Energy– Civil and Electrical highly preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Highly knowledgeable of construction means and methods; previous experience with EPC/GC/CMGC/OE high voltage Tamp;D construction and renewable power generation.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the Samp;P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.