Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We’ve spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we’re not just selling insurance, we’re providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we’re successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees’ lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we’ve compiled a generous benefits package, includin medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We’ve also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
The objective of the Project Manager 1 is to help the Information Technology division reach its stated goals by managing small to medium sized Information Technology projects or phase(s) of a larger project. They are responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, monitor, close).
- Perform project assessment
- Identify key deliverables to achieve project goals
- Perform stakeholder analysis
- Facilitate the development of the project charter
- Present charter to steering committee for approval
- Review and assess detailed project requirements
- Develop scope management plan
- Develop communications management plan
- Develop quality management plan
- Develop change management plan
- Develop stakeholder management plan
- Facilitate the development of the project plan
- Present plan to steering committee for approval
- Manage project execution
- Conduct project kick-off meeting
- Manage task execution
- Verify deliverables conform to quality standards
- Manage changes to ensure project goals continue to meet business needs
- Manage flow of project information to keep stakeholders engaged and informed
- Maintain stakeholder relationships to receive continued support and manage expectations
- Maintain issues log
- Capture and analyze lessons learned
- Manage project close-out
- Obtain final acceptance of the project deliverables from stakeholders
- Transfer the ownership of deliverables to the assigned stakeholders
- Obtain financial, legal and administrative closure of project
- A 4-year college degree is required
- One to two years successful project management experience with proven ability to initiate, plan, execute and close out projects is required
- IT project experience is preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills are required
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
Love's, Loves, Love's Travel Shops, Loves Travel Shops, Love's Travel Shops & Country Stores