Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary Alternate Job Location : None
Role Value Proposition:
This position will reside in the Group Program Management Office, a consolidated organization in Group Benefits Operations responsible for execution of the Group Benefits project portfolio. This Project Management position has primary responsibility for leading Business and/or IT projects. This person will be accountable for managing multiple small to mid-size projects and/ or support work streams on larger, strategic projects, providing overall leadership and supervision to assigned project team resources. This person must successfully manage projects with potential guidance of a coach/ mentor following department documentation and performance standards. This person must also be able to manage the expectations and interests of project team members, key sponsors, & stakeholders to ensure their continued support and appropriate participation in the project.
- Under general supervision, concurrently manage multiple business only and / or IT projects with limited system application/business process impact.
- Develop and monitor end-to-end detailed work/project plans (Planning/Initiation, Requirements & Analysis, Build, Test, and Deploy). Define project inter-dependencies, outputs, work break down structure, critical path dependencies, task durations, etc. Track team progress against plan.
- Define high level project requirements and document stated benefits; assist business leaders with business case and ROI development and define project success criteria.
- Identify resources needed to deliver tasks per the project plan. Define resource needs/requirements, secure resource alignment and track resource allocations against the project schedule - taking into account resource availability and / or constraints. Proactively identify and resolve resource constraints with appropriate resource managers / departments.
- Coordinate Project estimates with IT and other Partners and update at set stages through the project lifecycle; Manage Project Budget/Financials through financial tracking and reporting (plan, actual, forecast).
- Identify and Manage Operational readiness and rollout tasks and activities - including process documentation, work instructions, training and other readiness communications.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5-8 years of experience as a Project Manager/Leader or relevant role.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and lead the execution of simple to medium-sized projects.
- Ability to work independently with some oversight by a mentor or coach.
- Exhibit strong collaboration and ability to engage across multiple functions and business units
- Ability to lead, motivate and support a project team(s).
- Ability to influence within own team and with partners and senior management.
- Identify risks to project success and recommend course of action to prevent risk from negatively impacting the project. Effectively recognize when to escalate issues and options to senior management for resolution.
- Knowledge of current MetLife systems and technology.
- Knowledge of MetLife business structure, products, and end to end processes and outputs.
- Exposure to Information Technology Project Methodologies and Terminology (PMBOK, MetLife PPM).
- PMI training, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or PMP certification.
- Familiarity with MS Project.
Global Technology and Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110258