The Project Manager III is responsible for leading multiple concurrent projects to completion and follows project management methodology to initiate, plan, execute, control and close out projects. Project responsibilities include reviewing project requirement, design documents, business validation and post-launch support. Plan, coordinate, implement, and finalize projects according to the specifications and deadlines while keeping the project within budget. Manage projects from the planning stage through implementation, testing, reporting and project closure.
Position’s Customer(s): All of GCI’s internal and external customers and business units.
Essential Duties of All Levels in the Position:
· Oversee and manage a disciplined team within the business unit/groups
· Define project scopes, manage, and participate in procurement of materials
· Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules.
· Manage Contracts and outside consultants and contractors
· Maintain and ensure complete documentation of projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Leadership – ability to lead, manage, and inspire a team and set the vision effectively.
· Negotiation – ability to seek and resolve conflicts for win-win scenarios
· Scheduling – manage project scheduling
· Cost Control – critical, to ensure project delivery is within cost constraints and managing project finances intelligently.
· Demonstrated Risk, Contract, Quality, and Task Management
· Critical Thinking
· Communication and Meetings Management –
· Project Recovery
· Business Case Writing
This position will focus on Network Services:
Manage a wide variety of Engineering projects related to GCI’s telephony and Internet networks. Projects may involve all engineering disciplines include electronics equipment installations, remote shelter installations, facility construction, antenna installations, and air handling equipment installs.
Experience to include project management, developing project budgets and schedules is required; experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred. Logistical and procurement experience is highly desirable. A combination of relevant exempt experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
Additional Job Requirements: This is an intermediate level position requiring the ability to perform complex and diverse duties under deadlines and operating constraints. Capable of performing the role of “Project Manager” for large projects. Requires ability to perform development and implementation of projects, programs, and procedures of general organizational impact. Must have the experience to provide functional/technical guidance to lower level staff while fostering teamwork within area of responsibility.
Essential Duties for this position:
· Manage personnel resources, consultants and contractors.
· Develop and maintain project budgets; project. In addition, ensure project documentation is current and complete.
· Support and define project scopes with internal and external customers and oversee and participate in development and resourcing of materials
· Minimum of six (6) years project management experience to include developing project budgets and schedules required.
· Experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, or related field is required OR a combination of relevant additional exempt experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties may substitute for the degree on a year for year basis.
· Certifications: Project Manager III Level: Project Management Professional (PMP) highly valued.
Job Requirements at All Levels
Position reports to: Manager of the Business Unit assigned to.
Number of Direct Reports: None directly, depends on the assigned project and scope level of project
Physical Requirements: Primarily sedentary office work with some travel to company locations where indoor and outdoor work may be required. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, using hand tools and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near, mid-range, and color. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
Working Conditions: Majority of work is performed in Anchorage with projects both in and out of town. Position requires travel to remote locations (which may include traveling in small aircraft) in Alaska for site surveys, meetings and contract management/inspection purposes. The company and its subsidiaries operate in a 24/7 environment providing critical services to Alaskans and may need to respond to public health and safety matters or other business emergencies. Due to business needs employees may be contacted outside of the normal business hours to respond to the immediate emergency. You will be requested to provide an emergency after hours contact numbers.
Drug Testing: Participation in a DOT or non-DOT drug and alcohol testing program may be required to satisfy conditions of a contract or proposed contract with a business partner or client. This includes: pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return to duty, and follow-up testing.
Driving Requirements (if applicable): Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. Must be able to drive, as use of personal vehicle for transportation between various company facilities is required. Must be able to drive when in remote communities and operate ATV-style vehicles if necessary.
EEO: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or another characteristic protected by law.