Benefytt is a company with a deep commitment to creating a work environment in which our team members can flourish. We’re a rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Medical, Dependent Care and Transit/Parking Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of corporate projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead multi-functional project teams to accomplish project goals.
- Ability to assess complex issues and provide feasible solutions.
- Consult with management, and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
- Keep management, team, and business areas informed of project status and related issues.
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Monitor project results against specifications.
- Follow established project management practices, including management of scope, requirements, issues, and risks.
- Ensure that all required project management deliverables are created and accurate.
- Direct quality assurance testing.
- Coordinate assignment of project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Establish positive working relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Engage internal business resources to understand business objectives and to translate into delivery plans.
- Develop and gain agreement with stakeholders on project plans and budgets.
- Communicate plans, status, and issues to higher levels of management
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Life Science or a related discipline with an information technology focus.
- 5+ years of broad-based business experience, information systems a plus.
- 3+ years of insurance industry experience; experience within Medicare strongly preferred
- Track record of directing the work of high-performance work teams/groups
- Experience with implementation of new technology
- Demonstrated competency in project management and simultaneous execution of multiple projects.
- Experience in providing leadership to sub workgroups within a project.
- Effective interpersonal management and communication skills.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking, with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Effective knowledge and application of leadership competencies; especially oral and written communications, influence and persuasion, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork.
Due to the nature of Benefytt Technologies, Inc. needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Healthcare Project Manager