Architectural Panel Systems- Project Manager
Key Accountabilities: The goal of the Project Manager position is facilitating the design, fabrication, delivery, and installation of Architectural Metal Panel systems on projects throughout North America. Primary point of contact and manager for all assigned Client Projects. Responsible for the entire lifecycle of project management; kick off, developing budgets, managing sub-contractors, communications and follow up as needed. Successful project history with commercial projects from $300K to $5M
Role and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
- Directly manage all aspects of the assigned projects from Project Kickoff to Project Closeout.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Architectural Panel Systems, terminology and materials such as Insulated, Single Skin Panels, Metal Plate Panels and Misc. Sheet Metal Panels
- Individual must be well rounded and have extensive knowledge of ACM Systems (aluminum composite panels)
- Project Manager must be able to read, review and be responsible for project Shop Drawings, including 2-D and 3-D drawings to estimate all work and potential changes.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction detailed drawings and blueprints to ensure that they accurately portray our Company Scope of Work before they are released to the customer for approval.
- Coordination and management of all measurements of the fabrication of panels are accurate
- Responsible for all product submittals matching the estimated and quoted products before they are sent to the customer for approval.
- Creation for and of all project setup tasks, including project plans, schedules, deadlines, goals, and objectives.
- Responsible for all project documentation throughout the project duration. (i.e., addendums, RFIs, meeting minutes, etc.).
- Responsible for project RFIs, schedules, and other BAC related documentation.
- Effective and efficient coordination of field staff, job foreman and in house staff technicians for each project
- Review and be responsible for square foot checks and panel counts of the scope of work before a project’s Shop Drawing review to be compared to the totals from an estimate.
- Prepare a written project plan and schedule once Shop Drawings have been approved.
- Coordinating with BAC Field Operations Manager to source and select an installation subcontractor or in-house crews to ensure a safe, timely, and cost-effective installation.
- Management and responsibility for material takeoffs in preparation for material requisitions and procurements for Project Director approval.
- Control and be responsible for project Part Drawings through multiple rounds of changes and corrections before ultimately approving them for production release.
- Attend weekly meetings with on-site General Contractors
- Understanding of Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are very important to communicate with employees and customers.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills are necessary due to the demands of the position.
- 30% travel required. Out of state traveling by car or airplane will be required.
- Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s of Science College or Technical School degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management is preferred. Background and experience in architecture, engineering, or construction is preferred.
- Background and experience in exterior cladding and/or other building products is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to manage the demands of multiple projects and multiple customers.
- Must possess a desire to learn and teach all aspects of construction and the subcontracting business.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions that lead to a successful and safe project promptly.
Discretionary bonus potential
Please send your resume and salary requirements to the attention of email@example.com
No phone calls please
Salary competitive with experience