Job Title: Project Manager IV – Large Telecom Company
Location: Bloomington, MN
Project Management is the art of making things happen!! You will work on projects of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
You'll works on a large number of telecom projects in a variety of areas while determining equipment requirements from antennas to batteries and power plants. Decision-making and independence is involved but limited. 3+ years of experience is needed.
- Manages regional network projects related to distributed antenna system (DAS) installations, new builds, small cells and existing power systems needing upgrades.
- Directs the ordering of requisite materials for new systems and modifications to existing systems.
- Works closely with Real Estate, Equipment Engineers, Construction Engineers and RF Engineers to ensure project milestones pro-actively identified and resolved and requirements are met.
- Works with outside vendors including General Contractors, Architectural & Engineering firms and Construction Management firms on project scope, design and plans to meet VZW standards, local code requirements and project schedules.
- Facilitates weekly routine planning and working sessions with critical stakeholders and regional Operations Managers to review project scope, define issues, develop deliverables and associated timelines, assign primes and track action items.
- Develops and maintains a detailed schedule for each project and actively manage the scheduled tasks with team members including major milestones, action items, long lead purchases and any other commitments that would impact the project schedule.
- Understands impact of changes from the original schedule and take required corrective actions to ensure the specific project stays on schedule.
- Provide detailed analysis and recommendations for the best project candidates based on analysis of all pertinent data.
- Manages the regional monthly capital plan as part of a long range plan as it relates to all assigned projects ensuring spending accuracy in monthly forecasting and performing monthly reconciliation of YTD monthly spending by budget item
- Provides regular project status reports based on your project supervision to management.
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent wireless working experience
- Demonstrated large-scale project management experience with 3+ years process/program management experience3+ years in telecommunications / data networking or wireless industry
- Knowledge of Ericsson LTE equipment a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project Demonstrated budget tracking, cost estimation and cost accounting of large scale capital plans
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required
- Demonstrates effective time management skills, ability to work independently and make decisions within the guidelines of company business standards
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible
- Proven ability to manage heavy workload, be detailed oriented and meet deadlines
- Commitment to quality and the motivation and ability to work well in a team environment required
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178