Job Title: Project Manager (JP5601)
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months with likely extensions
3Key Consulting is looking for a Project Manager for a leading, international pharmaceutical company headquartered in Thousand Oaks, CA.
We have an opportunity in the U.S. Supply Chain organization for a Project Manager for the Patient Support Program (PSP) initiative. PSPs in scope provide replacement product to existing Amgen patients, and provide product support for specific Amgen programs. We are currently in the process of revamping the PSP including optimizing our end-to-end business processes (intake, case management, dispensing, shipment, delivery to patient) and transition to a new pharmacy vendor. We are seeking a Project Manager to ensure a smooth transition to the new vendor, successful program launch with revamped business processes, and long-term program sustainability. Candidates must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, vendor management, and change management techniques.
• End-to-end Project Management of overall initiative and individual workstreams: planning, scheduling of meetings, capturing of meeting minutes and action items, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately
• Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
• Develop & maintain a master project plan and schedule for overall initiative, and Amgen and vendor workstreams
• Develop communication materials (e.g. operating reviews) to communicate initiative and workstream statuses, analyses, and recommendations to senior management.
• Develop external-facing communication materials (e.g. patient and HCP messaging, Customer Service Representative scripts)
• Translation of business requirements to identify business rules, KPIs and metrics
• Ensure strategic alignment between project teams and site goals.
• Ensure compliance to all regulatory requirements
• Develop training materials e.g. job aids
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or business management with 5+ years of related experience in the life sciences industry
• OR Master’s degree in engineering, science, or business management with 3+ years of related experience in the life sciences industry
• 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager leading cross-functional or matrixed teams
• Preferred: PMP Certification
• Demonstrated understanding of life sciences, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry
• Excellent writing, presentation, interpersonal, and leadership skills
• Strong working knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Spotfire, Tableau
• Self-starter with a high-level of comfort with ambiguity and complexity
Top Must have Skill Sets: Project management; vendor management; cross-functional team experience. Must be competent in managing multiple work streams. Cross functional project management skills a must. Strong communication skills
Employee Value Proposition:
This position provides an opportunity for the candidate to manage a project where they are working with multiple stakeholders. They will have the opportunity to work with the internal Amgen team as well as an external vendor. Also, this position directly impacts the patient experience.
Red Flags: Please no IT/IS-related Project Manager
Interview Process: First round via Skype video; second round: on ATO campus
We invite qualified candidates to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you decide that you’re not interested in pursuing this position, please feel free to look at other positions on our website www.3keyconsulting.com. You are welcome to also share this posting with anyone you think might be interested in applying for this role.