H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Project Manager. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
In this role you will initiate, plan, execute and control projects involving multiple people, process and technology components, and align project requirements and deliverables with the strategic and tactical goals of the organization. You will also establish and nurture positive relationships with project sponsors, participants, stakeholders and customers and be accountable for the short- and long-term project results.
What you’ll do…
- Own overall responsibility for the success of assigned projects.
- Understand the business needs of the customer.
- Define project objectives and deliverables to meet those needs.
- Identify assumptions and constraints that impact schedule, resources, costs, quality and risk.
- Define scope, schedule, budget and quality levels for the project.
- Identify, obtain and organize necessary project resources.
- Prepare and execute plans for quality, change control and communications.
- Prepare and gain approval on an overall Project Plan.
- Execute against the Project Plan while controlling and reporting on scope, schedule, quality, costs, resources and risks.
- Verify and document project results.
- Complete all tasks necessary to close the project, transitioning to an operational state, if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five years project management experience.
- Familiarity with formal project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, but with little formal supervision or guidance.
- Effective supervisory skills in a matrix-management environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and project planning tools.