Job ID: 154781
Michigan Paving and Materials, a vertically integrated CRH company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.michiganpaving.com, www.stoneco.net or our parent company at www.crhamericas.com
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects for the asphalt division including all steps in bidding, building and final collection.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Must conduct himself/herself and make decisions that are safe and ethical
- Responsible for bidding on new work including public and private work
- Lead in managing projects including pre-bid meetings, contracts and sub-contractors, coordinating work and equipment and clear communication with Division Manager, Foreman and other contractors.
- Must understand and follow MDOT requirements for public work
- Responsible for collections on projects
- Management of project quality – QA/QC
- Maintain a strong customer driven environment. Focus on customer service.
- Ensure adherence to all DOT, environment and human resource regulations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in construction project management – road construction experience a plus
- Experience bidding public and private construction projects
- Bachelor’s degree or P.E. – will consider equivalent experience
- Construction project management required
- Asphalt project management experience a plus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Peer Relationships
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be considered.
- Work may be performed in an office setting and outside on a job site or in the plant.
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, twisting
- This position will work in an office setting, outdoors on a job site and in a plant.
- Work environment will vary depending on job task.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Michigan Paving and Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.