Project Manager Sr:
In partnership with corporate function and business unit teams, the PM will create a consolidated list of deliverables and gain customer agreement on due dates and create a plan where demand and capacity are in balance.
The PM will personally facilitate meeting series, document and publish a daily situation summary; support portfolio and program management office (PPMO) leadership in on-going leadership meeting facilitation, periodic and ad-hoc executive briefing, updates and publications; and coordinate with PPMO process and solution support teams to expand portfolio management methodology and reporting with lessons learned from the demand/capacity balancing work.
- Fill program level PM role attached to demand/capacity task team leadership
- Lead development and maintenance of project plan, project schedule, RAID, communications and change management plan
- Coordinate formation of project team structure supporting interactions with EH corporate function and business until team members
- Support development of detailed work plan and various deliverables in concert with project work group leads and teams
Key focuses early in the assignment:
- Work with corporate function and business unit teams update / align on the plan (items, due dates, priorities and planned delivery dates, and blockers / issues.
- Implement comprehensive data base / report matching software development demand to capacity
- Enable flow of information and reporting to inform daily demand/capacity balance decision meeting
- Assume leadership of daily coordination meeting(s)
- Ten years’ experience with demonstrated technical experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities. Minimum of seven (7) years related technical experience, including four (4) years of project management experience is also required.
- Effective facilitating groups to define how the software / solution will be used, what processes need to be developed, what roles and responsibilities will be assigned to make those processes and those data flows.
- 3Proficient in responsibilities/tasks described in Project Management Office (PMO) Manager Position Description
- Excellent written and oral communicator, proficient at navigating SME, leadership and executive levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic and team work skills are required
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically, visio, excel, ppt, PowerBI and sharepoint
- Self-started mentality with the ability to work independently on deliverables when necessary
- ability to proactively anticipate needs, identify and recommend alternative solutions or options.
- Willingness to learn new tools and skills quickly
- Natural curiosity and Strong desire to solve problems quickly
- ability to quickly come up-to-speed in a new environment and/or industry
- Detail oriented, documentation and data driven
- Experience establishing / sustaining project resource demand/capacity planning solutions highly preferred.
- Experience leading projects in hybrid waterfall/agile/SAFe software development environments highly preferred
- Experience implementing Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and/or Jira preferred.
- Experience with account management, service management and business analysis preferred.
- Experience in Lean / Process Improvement / Business Process Engineering / Consulting preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s highly preferred. Combinations of relevant education, certifications, and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company’s learning philosophy, is required. PMP certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Ten years experience with demonstrated technical experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities. Minimum of six (6) years related technical experience, including four (4) years of project management experience is also required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Project Manager (General)