We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Las Vegas Office!
Here at Sunbelt Controls, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our recent customers: Boeing, UCSF Hospital, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 30 years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Why join Sunbelt? Sunbelt Controls is a leader in building automation. Our objective is to improve occupant comfort (such as yourself), create efficient operation of building systems, and create a reduction in energy consumption and operating cost. An energy-efficient building saves money and is environmentally friendly. Without us, the building is just an empty box. We bring it to life.
The Project Manager has the responsibility to acquire new projects at acceptable margin levels and to manage these projects to successful completion. Under general supervision, acts as project leader, flexibly responding to customer requirements. Using sound project management techniques oversees the required day-to-day activities. Performs engineering to controls team standards. Responsible for the financial results of projects and activities assigned. Maintains customer satisfaction while balancing project financial goals
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Leadership of client meetings and development of contracts to finalize sales, and maintains positive relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors, and industry contacts.
- Develops and updates project implementation plans, coordinating resources to ensure timely and cost-effective installation and completion of assigned projects or tasks.
- Completion of concept engineering, as well as creating full and complete project estimates, drafting written proposal responses and contracts.
- Ensures profitable completion of each project or task. Effectively manages cash, cost, and billing.
- Consistently produces billings in a timely and accurate manner in a format required by our customers and ensures that billings are clearly communicated to our customers. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Understands and provides input on cost allocation to financial reporting systems.
- Effectively communicates financial status to management.
- Manages the engineering job process to include coordination with controls engineering team activities.
- When required by the field manager will configure, design and engineer systems in the most cost-effective manner while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- As needed will customize standard software from controls team or existing standards library.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, codes, material, installation techniques and safety activities.
- Responsible for customer approval of detailed job submittals created for the project.
- Manages material procurement process for the projects assigned. May select and order appropriate materials. Monitors material usage, cost, and inventory.
- Obtains lead time discounts when possible.
- Plans and monitors commissioning and checkout of the system before release to the owner/operator. Ensures job completion documentation is complete.
- Properly assigns technical resources for problem resolutions.
- Proactively evaluates potential problems on the job and initiates action to limit negative outcomes.
- Reviews customer�s systems during installation and, if needed, points out other areas of improvement resulting in value-added change orders.
- Provide estimates for additional work for the customer with help of project manager.
- Pursues change-orders for equitable adjustments to contracts.
- Coordinates on-site visit for service personnel and ensures a transition to service is achieved.
- Develops and maintains viable relationships with customers, prime contractors, subcontractors, and trade personnel.
- Schedules and attends progress meetings as directed. Provides detailed instructions to and interfaces with installers and subcontractors.
- Ensures that subcontractors readily understand the expectations of the project.
- Adheres to safety standards.
- High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Bachelor�s degree in engineering and 10+ years of work experience OR an Associates degree with equivalent related work and engineering experience.
- High school Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Five years� experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously, yet possess the discretionary judgment to know when it is appropriate to consult with others in the organization.
- Familiar with construction trade labor practices.
- Ability to effectively represent Sunbelt Controls and communicate with customers and others at varying technical levels.
- Must have a user and a basic level of ALC programming and operational experience or acquire these skills through self-directed training.
- Demonstrate a corresponding high sense of integrity.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business.
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of issues.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
SUNBELT CONTROLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Sunbelt will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, Sunbelt Controls is unable to provide visa sponsorship.