The Project Manager will be responsible for a variety of detailed project management, financial, and administrative activities involved in overseeing a small to medium federated program or several major subcontract efforts for a complex program, typically under the guidance of an Associate Program Manager. These programs involve building and operating hardware prototypes utilizing advanced technologies. Must be capable of understanding and discussing the technical basis and the basic design/fabrication risks involved.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Candidate will work closely with an Associate Program Manager to develop schedules and budgets for their assigned efforts.
• Will track milestone completion, analyze financial performance and maintain master schedules.
• Will coordinate procurement activities; support the development of procurement documentation and aid in source selections as required.
• For major subcontract efforts, the candidate will review subcontractor performance versus plan and update the Associate Program Manager regarding impact to overall effort.
• Will track milestone completion, maintain giver/receiver lists, authorize milestone payments, and collaborate with technical team and Contracting Services Department to resolve issues as required.
• Will coordinate closely with Associate Program Manager to report status both internally and to Sponsor organization.
• Will assist in other special assignments, as required, including the development of tools and procedures for program management, program metrics tracking, risk assessment, requirements tracking, financial reporting, cost estimating, property administration, and personnel logistics
• BS degree in Engineering, Physics or related field required. MS in Engineering, Physics or related preferred.
• An MBA, PMP, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering or technology development required.
• Demonstrated experience in small project/schedule management or engineering commensurate with the position.
• Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally within a cross-functional environment required.
• Active Secret/Eligibility to obtain
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA 02420
• Travel: Possible moderate travel required
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Relocation can be considered.
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans