LocationsSalt Lake City, Utah
Job Description SummaryBD is a leading global medical technology company that develops, manufactures and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents. The Company is dedicated to improving people's health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug delivery, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases and cancers, and advancing research, discovery and production of new drugs and vaccines. BD's capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world's most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs approximately 28,000 people in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, the pharmaceutical industry and the general public. For more information, please visit www.bd.com.
The Life Sciences Project Manager is responsible for the full Implementation Cycles associated with the BD solutions, as well as the Experience Management associated with the BD solutions. Projects can be both internal and external.
The Full Implementation Project Cycle includes participation in the Sales process, initiating the implementation project and executing on its deliverables. The Project Manager will lead the implementations at the customer site while advising the customer on Change Management, Workflow Process Improvements as well as the necessary Technical Management (IT/Services/LIS/…).
The Customer Experience Management is key to the success of the Life Sciences strategy and is required to drive a high level of coordination between the different BD departments/functions and Customer teams to ensure a smooth implementation and ongoing customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and communicating of the project plan to Customer leadership.
- Developing and regularly maintaining the project schedule.
- Hold regular meetings with internal/external project teams to check/monitor progress.
- Regularly update internal management stakeholders on high level project status.
- Advise the customer on managing organizational change (Change Management).
- Supply consultation to the customer on Lab Information Systems / IT Infrastructure and Services (building interior, power, air, etc.).
- Lead Change Management workshops/presentations to engage customer lab staff.
- Manage and communicate project risks impacting the project or organization.
- Engage local sales and service teams in order to create a sustainable product placement.
- Participate in continuous improvement sessions to the further professionalize the Projects Department.
- Attention to detail for review of order configurations prior to manufacturing requests.
- Coordinate install and application resources.
Customer Experience Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interface effectively with the different BD departments to manage cross functional processes and resolve issues impacting customers.
- Supports sales partners’ efforts to attain business objectives.
- Continuously benchmark customer processes through Business Reviews, focusing on market trends and customer needs to identify opportunities for process improvement and differentiated services.
- Manage customer perceptions by leading communications through both regular formal business reviews and informal periodic calls/visits.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated leadership, motivational and organizational skills with a proven track record of accomplishments in cross-functional projects/teams/programs
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills; including effective internal and external communications and crisis/conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated effective knowledge of Project Management, Risk Management and Change Management
- Consistent professionalism in customer, cross-team/functional interactions with high concern for customer needs and expectations
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Willing and able to travel up to 50%
Education and Experience
- Relevant Technical/Scientific BA / BS degree required (Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer / Systems Engineering / …)
- Relevant IT/LIS/HealthCare/Automation Project Management experience across integrated systems is a plus
- Relevant Project Management training with a minimum of 3 years project management experience in a technical or laboratory customer environment required
- PMP Certification required
- LEAN/ Six Sigma Knowledge preferred
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.