RHI Magnesita is seeking an experiencedProject Manager, in Little Rock, AR. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing refractory installations in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Check project plan and timing, number of workers required per shift as well as the mix of workers skills, production rates and efficiencies, equipment listed is correct and nothing is missing, QC requirements and prepare QC plan if required and HR requirements.
- Prepare an Organization Chart for the job, if required the Billing Instruction Sheet, which must state the billing type: i.e. Contract Price, Time & Material, or Budget Price not to Exceed, etc. and must also state any agreed deviations or "Extra to Contract" items to be charged and/or credits to be given.
- Confirm that a Purchase Order is received and reviewed for accuracy before starting work on site and that the Job Number has been set up in SAP, a Purchase Order is received and reviewed for accuracy before starting work on site and that the Job Number has been set up in SAP.
- Work with the customer to schedule the job timing and the required lock-out of their equipment and with the customer to schedule the job timing and the required lock-out of their equipment.
- Complete a Pre-Job Hazard Assessment checklist before work starts on site.
- Order all materials, rentals, and equipment required and ensures deliveries are scheduled on time (Fast List).
- Meet with H&S Supervisor to discuss: Scope of work, JSA's, required Training and Safety Sensitive tasks (i.e. confined space, heights, etc.)
- Arrange for any required Rescue teams and First Aid/Medical teams, if not being supplied by customer and for Drug and Alcohol testing, if required.
- Organize (with Construction Coordinator) the foremen for each shift of the job, all local labour requirements and the qualifications needed to complete the job, as per the quote, the foremen for each shift of the job, all local labour requirements and the qualifications needed to complete the job and per the quote.
Required Education and Experience
- 3 years in the refractory installation
- 3-5 years in a supervisory role
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- API 936 Certification
- CET or Project Management Degree
- Understanding and application of relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Good understanding of the Refractory Construction Project process
- Good knowledge of refractory materials and applications
- The ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings (AutoCAD)
- special software (SAP, Database Project Tracking System)
Have you heard of RHI Magnesita?
RHI Magnesita is the global leader in refractory products. Refractory products are used in all the world's high-temperature industrial processes. Without them, the steel, cement, lime, non-ferrous metals, glass, energy, environment and chemical industries couldn't exist. We have the largest number of locations around the world and the most innovative, reliable products and services. Learn more about us at:https://www.rhimagnesita.com/about/
Why work for RHI Magnesita?
- We offer a multicultural, passionate and open working environment
- Attractive international career opportunities
- Learning and development at all career levels
At RHI Magnesita we act customer-focused and benefit our clients by demonstrating our technical innovation and expertise. Our decisions are made openly within a respectful environment. We empower our people to succeed and through global and cross functional collaboration they drive our innovation and growth. Ultimately, we are performance driven in every action we take.