Job ID#: 21131BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Project Manager (Logistics)
Job Category: Program/Project Management
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager in our Army Logistics Group located in Poway, CA. This position typically reports to a program manager and is responsible for the planning, financial management and technical performance of the US Army Gray Eagle Performance Based Logistics program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the development of project plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality and specification goals are attained.
- Provide management and leadership direction for the Gray Eagle unmanned aircraft system (UAS) repair strategy.
- Manage and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones to meet CDRL delivery requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the Army Aviation Maintenance Management System and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop recommendations for solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- May participate in or lead segments of the request for proposal (RFP) process to generate new business.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Interface directly with customer on all aspects of logistics repair management in support operational Gray Eagle units.
- Create and present briefings to company stake holders, customer management and other customer representatives as required, including participation at Program Management Reviews.
- Experience managing maintenance operations in the aviation industry.
- Use earned value management system (EVMS) to monitor budget availability and schedule of assigned control account(s).
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- The ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects.
- The ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine matters of diverse scope and nature.
- Strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Experience in working performance based depot metrics depot mean down time (DMDT).
- Working knowledge of Catalog Orig Logistics Tracking System (COLTS) and Army maintenance procedures.
- Proficient with Earned Value Management (EVM) concepts.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No