- Engages and partners with business units to understand their business requirements and ensure the project and project teams are focused on delivering and executing to those requirements.
- Responsible for any sized projects with varying complexity, risk, and impact. This may include managing multiple simultaneous projects of small to medium complexity or focusing on a larger effort. Projects may include external vendors, consultants, or contractors.
- Assists with and leads project definition/project charter.
- Work with project sponsor and stakeholders to develop scope, goals, deliverables, resources, budget, and timing.
- Partners with sponsor to define success metrics and criteria which will be included and measured as part of the project.
- Ensures project efforts are well orchestrated and successfully meet the key business needs relevant to each project.
- Ensures solutions are designed, planned, and delivered efficiently, on-time, and with quality.
- Plans and organizes change using tools, processes, and techniques.
- Prepares for and empathizes with people's reactions to change.
- Assesses scope and potential impact of issues or opportunities. Uses business criteria and values to evaluate options and makes timely decisions based on available information.
- Negotiates win-win solutions with others. Addresses conflicts with assertiveness and reaches agreements that promote mutual interests and maximizes commitment.
- Identifies and manages risks and obstacles to the plan. Investigates risks within the project, assess impact, and develops contingency plans to address risks and barriers to implementation.
- Assembles project plans and schedules.
- Identifies and coordinates resources necessary to successfully complete the project.
- Tracks key project milestones and adjusts project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the customer.
- Communicates with project sponsors and management on issues that impact scope, budget, risk, and resources of the project effort being managed.
- Manages prioritization and change management processes.
- Identifies ways to resolve issues and keep projects on track.
- Provides leadership, continuing direction, and coaching to the project team.
- Creates sense of success.
- Works to improve overall capabilities and skills among team members.
- Conducts formal reviews with project sponsors to obtain feedback.
- Works with Business Owners to ensure items cut from project scope and/or process deficiencies identified during the project are captured for future project consideration.
- Confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Manages multiple simultaneous cross functional projects.
- Manages the outsourced technical relationship.
- Oversees contracted costs and ensures they are within budget plans, when appropriate for the project.
- Delivers a positive ROI for the enterprise consistently.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business Management or related field and a minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project, SharePoint, or other tools
- Preferred candidates will have studied the PMBOK and received their PMP certification from the Project Management Institute
- Agile methodology (SCRUM, Kanban) knowledge/experience a plus
- Must have a valid driver's license
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.