Position: Project Manager
Location: Melville, NY
Local: Local preferred
The Project Manager plans, manages and coordinates project activities to ensure goals and objectives of a mid-sized project, or multiple phases of a large project are accomplished within the specified time-frame and funding parameters. In this role, you will establish timelines and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Reviews project plan to determine time-frame, funding limitations, procedures, staffing requirements and allotment of resources to various phases of the project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each project phase and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project staff.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Manages activities of project staff to ensure project progress is on schedule and within budget.
- Reviews status reports and modifies schedules and/or plans as required.
- Prepares and presents project reports for management, clients or others.
- Confers with project staff to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with organizations or agencies outside the health system.
- Tracks actual performance against planned project performance, analyzes variances, and work with project team to ensure all customer needs are met while maintaining control of the project.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years related technical experience including three (3) years of project management experience, required.
- Program Management Institute (PMI) Certification, preferred.
- Experience in assigned technical area (i.e. Finance, Healthcare, Facilities, Infrastructure, etc), and in a similarly sized IT organization, required. Healthcare environment, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the 9 Project Management Institute (PMI) knowledge areas, required.
- Analytical and organization skills and ability to develop and implement multiple small to medium project plans, required.
- Project management, communication, presentation, relationship building and strategic planning and implementation skills, required.
- Experience with MS Project or NIKU Workbench project planning tools, required. Experience with CA Clarity or related PPM tool, preferred.