Senior Project Manager
Positions open - 3
What Project/Projects will the candidate be working on while on assignment?
Implementation of new and upsell projects that set up Client programs for a clients members. This involves external client contact and work with internal matrix teams. The candidate would be fulfilling project management (leading project from start to end) and requirement gathering work (gathering, documenting, submitting and validating detailed requirements for multiple system configuration). Candidate would be working on approximately 3-8+ projects at a time depending on complexity.
Project background - what will this project, and this role, accomplish for the business?
The project accomplishes the fulfillment of client contracts - making recently purchased Client programs available to the client's members
Is this person a sole contributor or part of a team? Individual contributor on a team of ~25 project managers. Project managers work individually with project team members identified through project scope. There is typically not more than one project manager from our team assigned to a project (except for training purposes).
Please describe the team, and any soft skills/cultural considerations for an ideal candidate:
Team is ~25 project managers across the US - all are telecommuters. Our team consists of mostly experienced senior project managers. The team is cohesive and values relationships, especially with one another.
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position?
1. Project manager on external client projects - Our team leads implementations for Client products. Our team is engaged once products are sold to a client. That means we're coming into an existing client relationship - a new one that our sales team has cultivated or an existing client that is supported by our account teams. The way we represent the company and our team is important because of the lasting impression it can have with our clients and with our internal partners. Project managers at this level:
* Gathering detailed requirements
* Lead projects autonomously
* Manage and escalate issues and risks appropriately
* Implement any one of our products using the project support tools
* Provide timely and accurate project reporting internally and externally
* Lead project teams
* Provide a positive client experience, which we measure through Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys
2. Representative of our team on internal projects and initiatives with other departments and groups
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
What skills/attributes are a must have?
* Independently lead projects through successful completion
* Healthcare industry background
* Lead or contribute to the development of program or project scope statements, in consultation with applicable stakeholders
* Identify project duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives
* Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
* Develop, communicate and implement program and project risk, issue management plans and strategies
* Develop and implement contingency and recovery plans when deliverables are missed
* Be a business subject matter expert for assigned areas of responsibility. Demonstrate a functional understanding of the end-to-end project and implementation process
* Contribute to process improvement initiatives across the team
* Function effectively in a multi-project environment with changing priorities
* BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
* 3+ years of project management experience
* 3+ years experience in tracking, planning projects, working with large data sets and making data-driven analytical decisions
* Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
* Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities and projects
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
What are the work hours?
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178