JOB SUMMARY FOR PROJECT MANAGER:
- Entry level role of a project management professional.
- This role has limited project management experience. He/she manages projects that have minimal R&D value, are least complex in nature, and will require close supervision.
- This is a staff position that requires a basic understanding of program and project management tools & processes.
- The candidate will provide very basic facilitation for project teams, will not solely lead chartering sessions, will help develop network diagrams, and will help with integration & compression sessions.
- Work assignments will be specialized in nature with minimal coordination between other staff personnel needed for larger and more complex programs.
- Specific work assignments may be as follows: Assist Program Managers in scheduling and support program control meetings & compression sessions.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PROJECT MANAGER:
- Position has the ability to make schedule changes/corrections during control meetings and compression sessions.
- With Program Manager guidance, maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers/FMEAs, scope change requests/logs, program work plans, and program cost tracking.
- Create accurate and detailed schedules with regular follow-up by Program Management Supervisor to ensure data quality and timeliness.
- The role captures project information, and with assistance from the project team interprets, identifies relationships between activities, analyzes data from schedule updates, works with project team members to resolve logic errors, helps explain changes due to updates, and updates plan accordingly based on actions taken by team to resolve schedule problems.
- Conduct detail-planning meetings with regular supervision.
- The candidate should possess the ability to work with functional areas to develop their detailed activities and schedule.
- Provides guidance in understanding and following program and project management standard processes, and works daily with team members to emphasize the importance of the program schedule to be successful in implementing on time, within cost, and at the required quality targets.
- Provides administrative planning and follow-up for program team meetings.
- Candidate must be able to transfer work breakdown structure (WBS) into project management software.
- May create report packages and communicate project status
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR PROJECT MANAGER:
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- 1-3 years experience with Primavera or MS Access or other PM software tools.
- 1-3 years experience in Program Coordination, Information Technology, Engineering, project management or NPI Project management knowledge.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROJECT MANAGER:
- Previous Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills are desired including team leadership skills, good communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vacation, Holiday tailored to meet your needs. 401K/Match, $15,000 Life Insurance, Award-Winning Employee Care Program. Established and highly regarded reputation with Green Card and H1 processing.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First.” Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Cool Places to Work,” and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.