We’re FORMA. An incubator, accelerator, and curator of today’s beauty brands.
We celebrate, support, and seek those changing the world through creative expression. Each brand in our portfolio is thoughtfully selected, acquired, or created because of the products it offers, the stories it tells, and the beauty it spreads.
We’re a team made of: Equal parts thinkers and doers. Visionaries and operators. Strategists and creatives— we're united by a fierce entrepreneurial spirit. Our dive in, roll your sleeves up, get your hands' dirty approach to every project leads to extraordinary outcomes, and to some of the most popular beauty products on shelves today. We're a creative, professional, highly collaborative, seasoned, well-oiled team. We're in the business of beauty for a reason. There's nothing our team of 200+ people loves more than a good challenge, a great product, and the opportunity to make, celebrate, and spread beauty at scale.
Summary of Position:
The Project Manager, New Brands within the New Brands Division will be responsible for the management of various projects related to launch planning, on-going brand development including marketing & campaigns, product marketing, DTC activities, wholesale activities and new product launches for an exciting new founder led brand currently in development.
Specifically, the position will oversee timely execution of projects that are in motion, in addition to new projects that arise for the brand including, but not limited to: brand identity, brand positioning, global packaging design, new product launches, marketing campaign execution, creative asset design, experiential development & execution and new product development from concept to counter.
The Project Manager must be ready to design process and foster collaborative relationships with the following teams; Executive, Brand, Product Development, Planning, Sourcing, Creative, Social Media/PR, Visual Merchandising, Ecomm, Wholesale, Supply Chain along with external stakeholders including Brand Founders Team, Agencies and Vendors. The Project Manager must maintain a constant flow of communication and possess the diplomacy and discretion necessary to navigate the direction and requirements of the brand founder and key stakeholders while executing a high volume of work on very fast lead times with the highest standards and utmost attention to detail.
This role requires a level-headed, highly organized yet creative thinker, who possesses energy, passion, and a desire to deliver innovative solutions that succeed for each category on every project. A key driver for success in this position is a person with a background in project management, but the flexibility to adapt and prioritize in order to best lead the team.
Principle Accountabilities: (Please itemize the specific accountabilities of the role with bullet points and estimate the % of time worked on each.)
- Implement current PMO tools to ensure each project is clearly communicated, timelines are tracked, complied with and that risks are clearly visible and communicated.
- Maintain, own and/or collaborate on critical communication flow between key stakeholders (both internal & external), including: meeting actions, approvals, and key decisions and risks , to ensure project milestones receive the necessary level of sign-off and have a smooth workflow.
- Own regular meetings, including scheduling, that will allow projects to move forward.
- Act as the point person for cross-functional teams.
- Understand business context and goals of each project.
- Seek areas of opportunity for process development and improvement across the cross functional teams.
- Build a positive and collaborative environment that unites cross functional and external teams toward the goals of each project, with the ability to utilize influence to build consensus. Continual in collaboration with the VP, Brand
- Work on ad hoc projects related to the broader Brand Development team’s objectives.
Key Working Relationships:
- VP, Brand
- Executive team, President
- Product Development, Snr Director New Brands, Product Development Manager New Brands
- Operations, VP New Brands, Snr Project Manager New Brands
- Packaging, Snr Director New Brands
- External stakeholders including creative agencies, manufacturers, brand founders’ team
- Internal as brand develops to include: PR & Communications, Influencer, Social, Digital, eCommerce, Content, Finance
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional experience project managing.
- Previous experience working within a PMO, or as a Business project lead
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely, and willingness to share ideas with individuals at all levels.
- Excel at demonstrating initiative and creativity by originating ideas, anticipating and implement next steps, generating improvement opportunities, and translating new ideas into workable solution.
- Demonstrated skill working with cross-functional project teams with overlapping dependencies
- Prior experience managing and escalating risk, for actionable results
- Solutions oriented, always showing strong problem-solving skills when faced with ambiguous objectives.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
- Results driven. Ability to drive a team to necessary deadlines.
- Understand and identify key strategic issues and develop creative design solutions to assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work with a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Must enjoy working in a fluid and fast paced environment and be a master of multi-tasking.
- PC proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, MS Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with a project management tool such as Jira or Project, or a collaboration tool such as Wrike or Microsoft Teams
5% or less (as needed and agreed on with VP of Brand to support project management functions)
Must be able to perform essential functions (with or without an accommodation) without posing a "direct threat" to the health and safety to self or others.
The Company reserves the right to alter, change, abolish and even combine jobs depending upon changing conditions.