Position works under the immediate supervision of a Corporate Operations Manager or higher level position. This job is a project manager position and it is responsible for managing trades, craft, and staff positions or sub-contractors, as required. This position is typically assigned challenging projects and performs a variety of O&M project management functions on activities associated with assigned O&M assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of Operations and Maintenance contract to maintain and operate facilities and utility systems
- Perform operations and maintenance functions including planning, directing and budgeting for assigned contracts
- Perform O & M Management administration functions, handling a variety of actions and problems relating to assigned contracts. May prepare and analyze project fund status reports, review billing procedures and contractual requirement submittals.
- Monitor management plans designed to accomplish contractual objectives and provide direction and support to subcontractors, support staff, trades and crafts
- Responsible for monitoring budgets on assigned contracts
- Reconcile inconsistencies between proposals and new projects and analyze the effects of proposed contract changes. May provide management assistance with the coordination and negotiation of contract changes.
- May prepare customer correspondence concerning contract commitments, modifications and punch list.
- Responsible for keeping current on government regulations and commercial trends. Monitor contract compliance requirements to ensure compliance with Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act and other Federal regulations as required, including contract modification process.
- Responsible for safety of all personnel on job, including sub-personnel, compliance with environment standards and quality of work performed
- Research and address customer and employee complaints
- Participate in long range planning of facility maintenance activities
- Responsible for scheduling of work to be performed
- Become familiar with and obey all applicable activity regulations, directives and instructions, including fire, traffic, safety and security regulations
- Must be on-site during the Government's regular working hours and must be available on-site within two hours after the Government's request after regular working hours.
- Attend meetings, as required by the contract
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret (TS) clearance required.
- Bachelors' degree in business administration, accounting, engineering or a related field and ten (10) years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in managing a workforce providing services on contracts of similar size, scope and complexity
- Speak, read, and comprehend English to the extent that they can read and understand printed regulations, detailed written orders, operating procedures, training instructions and materials
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Management personnel shall have a SECRET clearance
- Experience in government contracting and financial administration
- Knowledge of U.S. government procurement regulations and labor law.
- Must pass OSHA 10 hour safety course
- Experience managing, supervising, and training multiple individuals and subcontractors at various skill levels.
- Excellent management and employee relations skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to work independently and recommend solutions to problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while attending to multiple tasks and demands
Physical Environment and Sensory Requirements
- Position works in office areas as well as throughout the healthcare facility.
- Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and walking, and occasional bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Moderate exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. but not to the point of being disagreeable.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)