BYD is seeking a top-notch Project Manager of Bids and Grants/Proposals for public agency transit proposals.
A global technology powerhouse, BYD is the world's largest manufacturer of electric vehicles, and lithium iron phosphate batteries. BYD stands for "Build Your Dreams", and our founder is passionate about a bold vision to free the world from fossil fuel dependence and leave a cleaner environment for future generations. With a start-up mentality in the North American market, ours is a dynamic workplace with immense opportunity for growth and advancement. Come build your career with BYD!
- Gather information from multiple sources/subject matter experts and effectively use that information to respond by specific deadlines.
- Coordinate non-technical requirements with cross-functional team members.
- Work on multiple concurrent proposals.
- Track assignments and manage responses in a timely manner.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and redesigning processes, templates, and boilerplate copy-compliance matrix, exceptions lists, major components and vendors, vehicle configurations, vehicle performance data, etc.
- Ensure content and writing assignments are organized, clear, concise, stylistic, and have appropriate terminology, including eliminating information that may not be relevant to the RFP response.
- Edit material prepared by other writers/staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience required.Proposal experience in the public transit, freight or goods movement industries is helpful.
- Advanced English writing, editing and proofreading skills, with an eye towards sales messaging, themes, proposal aesthetics, and content.