NRP Investments, LLC, founded in 1995, is a full-service developer, general contractor, and property manager of multifamily, senior, and student housing throughout the United States. From start to finish, every development NRP Group works on is carefully contemplated and executed to maximize investment return cost efficiency, productivity and satisfaction. NRP Investments, LLC is recognized as a three-time recipient of the National Association of Builders Multifamily Development Firm of the Year and has been consistently ranked one of the Top 25 Developers by Multifamily Executive. Currently, NRP Investments, LLC has assets and operations in Ohio, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts. Visit www.NRPGroup.com for more information.
NRP Investments LLC is currently seeking a Project Manager of Construction in Gaithersburg, MD office. Under the direction of the VP of Construction, the Construction Project Manager is responsible for cost estimating, contract administration, field operations oversight, schedule adherence, project compliance with specifications and commitments, and government and owner relations throughout the construction phase.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
- Prepare preliminary estimates during the design phase of work.
- Coordination of drawings and design of the professionals involved in the project.
- Consult with the Project Superintendent to prepare a project construction schedule and submit to Senior Management for approval.
- Prepare scopes of work and solicit bids for the project. Distribute all documents pertinent to pricing.
- Perform material take offs and distribute to vendors for pricing.
- Receive the bids, analyze same, and consult with Senior Management before award of subcontracts.
- Negotiate pricing and terms with subcontractors and suppliers
- Prepare final budget and submit same to Senior Management for approval.
- Establish and maintain buyout schedule.
- Make best efforts to contract with MBE/FBE trade and supplies.
- Write all contracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Ensure that all subcontracts and proper Certificates of Insurance are on file prior to commencement of work by any subcontractor.
- Advise unsuccessful bidders once a subcontract is awarded.
- Secure all required permits from various governmental agencies.
- Ensure that all performance and payment bonds or letters of credit, if required, have been received.
- Assist in creating and maintaining specifications and scopes of work.
- Investigate cost savings methods, materials, procedures, and generally keep abreast of the state-of-the-art techniques.
- Evaluate project for possible hazards and risks. Meet with safety coordinator to conduct pre-construction safety meetings.
- Maintain and update the project budget monthly.
- Review and update all monthly costs for the project including review for proper cost coding.
- Review and update construction schedule with Project Superintendent weekly.
- Maintain a current “stick” set of plans in the office.
- Distribute revised plans and specifications to the Project Superintendent, field, and to all subcontractors.
- Procure, receive, track, review, distribute, seek approval as necessary, and approve shop drawings and submittals.
- Maintain the shop drawing log showing items submitted, date submitted, date approved, and date returned to subcontractor. Expedite the approval process as to not delay job progress.
- Maintain a record of field work orders and change orders and their impact upon job cost and the construction schedule.
- Assist the Project Superintendent in anticipating and avoiding problems that may affect the construction schedule and/or budget.
- Advise project team of any potential impacts to project schedule or budget
- Approve and monitor to assure timely processing of invoices and subcontractor applications so payment will be made on the 10th of the month.
- Maintain forms for administering each project.
- Perform periodic site visits to ensure compliance will construction documents, commitments, and timeline.
- Interact with subcontractors and suppliers to resolve contractual disputes.
- Prepare memos and minutes for meetings associated with the project.
- Request MSDS sheets from subcontractors and suppliers and distribute them.
- Request all safety related documentation.
- Conduct job site safety meetings.
- Inspect site for safety hazards and notify subcontractors or appropriate authority of same.
- Confer with the Project Superintendent daily regarding problems that may arise.
- Coordination with municipalities to obtain certificates of occupancy within project timeline.
- Attend periodic team meetings as required. Meetings to include design team, project owner's representative, construction staff, bank's inspector, city or state agencies
After Completion of Project
- Assist in obtaining information required for the loan closing.
- Assist in and ensure the accuracy of the Final Project Cost.
- Obtain, assemble, distribute and file all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
- Obtain refunds for any deposits made during construction.
- Obtain the release of any bonds posted during construction by us or any subcontractor.
- Provide documentation needed for Owner's close out manual
- Assist with warranty coordination on an as needed basis
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's degree in Construction or Civil related field (Ex: Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Engineering Technology) preferred or equivalent relevant experience
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of experience managing the construction of multi-family projects with stable employment history and proven track record. Knowledge of site work, utility infrastructure, structural building, mechanical and interior finishes required.
Technical Skills: Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project; knowledge of Timberline software a plus
Driver's License Required: Yes
Other Requirements: OSHA 10 or 30 hour card preferred.