Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for approximately 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units – Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
As we have since our founding in 1957 as one of the world’s first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors, we continue to recruit career-oriented individuals who want fulfilling work and opportunities for professional growth. Our employees’ commitment to the company and its “Pride in Service” motto helps Interstate Companies deliver exceptional customer service every day.
- Ordering, delivering and job site coordination with the local customer
- Attend offsite meetings or conference calls
- Handle any issues with installation, delivery or after the product has been delivered
- Arrange startup and commissioning
- Close out documents.
- Coordinate any distribution needs
- Handle daily service & pricing and operational requests
- Provide quality control over project with visits to sites along with review of vendors
- Administrative duties as related to position
- Business Degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred; or equivalent combination of work experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a progressively responsible project manager role or similar role in transportation, logistics or supply chain management
- Positive attitude and the ability to set goals and accomplish them
- The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of diesel/natural gas generators and related equipment
- Ability to read building plans and electrical drawings
- Use computers for web based training and work order system
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
- Travel required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.