Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology staffing firm, has an opportunity for a Project Manager to work for one of our local clients in the Orlando, FL area.
Responsible for multiple department or strategic projects. The Project Manager (PM) works in concert with the business, technology and other project stakeholders to meet overall goals in terms of scope, quality, budget, issue/risk management and schedule. The role integrates plans, implementations and delivery of business outcomes. Advocates for the project management discipline and drives project management rigor throughout the organization.
- Manage multiple medium sized projects or one large project working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure superior customer and client experience.
- Adhere to the project management discipline and standards in accordance with our client's methodology, with the responsibility to complete all PM related artifacts (i.e. work breakdown structures, project plans, issue/risk logs, project financials, status reports, meeting minutes and change logs).
- Manage projects through the entire lifecycle: Initiation, Planning, Execution and Closure, applying issue/risk management or change control in terms of scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Diagnose and address issues and risks and facilitate the resolution to ensure adherence to project scope, schedule and budget.
- Create and manage an integrated project plan, including project schedule, resource estimates and budget.
- Manage project financials and provide monthly reporting to stakeholders and project leadership.
- Manage projects utilizing multiple methodologies (i.e. release, waterfall, agile).
- Interface with all areas impacted by the project including governance, business and IT stakeholders, distributors, vendors and clients ensuring all business objectives are successfully delivered.
- Provide informal coaching to teams and project stakeholders.
- Support PM Practice development and continuous improvement efforts as needed.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience.
- 2 years of work experience in project management, minimum.
- Intermediate understanding of and experience applying project management concepts and methodologies.
- Proven ability to counsel, influence and find win-win compromise solutions.
- Experience in leading and motivating diverse project teams to achieve stated results, simultaneously, under strict timelines.
- Ability to lead, facilitate, manage conflict and build consensus involved with managing project leadership meetings.
- Ability to reach agreement through interpretation of facts, practices, policies and using influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to independently deliver against all job accountabilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Travel Requirements: Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Desired qualifications, skills and experience:
- PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Planview or other PPM tools.
- Experience in Pharmacy Benefit Plan (PBM) or healthcare industry.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178