Premier Mechanical contractor is seeking a Plumbing Project Manager. They provide mechanical design, installation and maintenance services for large scale projects across the United States.
The Project Manager acts as organizer, planner, scheduler, problem solver, decision maker, resource manager and overall leader for project/contract, evaluating project/contract feasibility, creating strategic plans, managing activities of jobsite workforce while insuring jobsite safety and controlling resources necessary to effectively meet the project / contract schedule for commercial Plumbing projects.
Your duties will include:
- Develop and manage overall job activities, including schedule, manpower, equipment and material.
- Devise and implement piecework programs when applicable.
- Assist in establishment and maintenance of project budgets.
- Coordinate job-site requirements with foremen and other personnel.
- Coordinate with Purchasing Department to ensure timely ordering and delivery of materials per budget.
- Track materials to ensure schedules are maintained.
- Manage foremen and other job site employees to ensure efficient operations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with owners, general contractors, vendors, suppliers, internal employees and other trades on site.
- Communicate accurately and concisely with internal and external personnel.
- Ensure accurate tool inventory and maintenance on job sites.
- Provide accurate information, prepare for, and participate in the cost-to-complete process.
- Provide training for foremen, journeymen, apprentices or trainees.
- Evaluate company requirements for areas of responsibilities and make recommendations, as needed.
- Enforce company policies and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Complete required paperwork accurately and timely (time cards, daily reports, detailed accounting of activities, follow-up documentation, billings, HR paperwork, evaluations, etc).
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5-10 years of project management experience
- Must have Plumbing project experience
- Ability to build a team and coach, mentor, train and lead personnel in a project leadership relationship.
- Strong decision-making, problem solving, resource allocation and planning skills/experience.
- Demonstrated attention to detail throughout prior experience at a tactical implementation level.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts and ideas in a non-technical, simple manner.
- MS Office proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook