The Project Manager – Delivery Management position manages the implementation process of the Company software solutions to clients. This critical customer-focused is the key to the success of software implementation. The Project Manager has responsibility for managing assigned projects to ensure the proper delivery, within the defined timeline and budget, while delivering the highest value. The Project Manager also coordinates and supervises the activities of systems’ implementation, while levering the internal resources at their disposal to help with project success. This position reports to the Practice Manager.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Manages weekly client interaction reviewing project deliverables, which includes project status updates which include tasks, status, and budget review.
- Determines action items for the customer and describes follow-up actions of proposed work and work completed, adjusting schedules as needed.
- Coordinates and works in tandem with Architect/Analyst Teams to design or modify solutions as needed.
- Manages feedback and reporting structure for Director/Senior Team providing weekly status updates.
- Updates and monitors the status of all projects coordination. Director for documentation and constantly tracks and reports on the progress of the project(s).
- Maintains project management systems (internal/external) such as Time Tracker (project setup/hours reporting, module management, ticket/change request management and outsource partner follow-ups and time entries) and Teamwork (client interface).
- Participate in the kick-off meeting with the team (Project Delivery).
- Approve timesheets including reviewing all comments, and adjustments/escalations as required to be resolved.
- Updates documentation, review the continuous improvement process and administers the Company methodology, proposing new recommendations when needed.
- Participates in Company project methodology, techniques, equipment, and added technologies, suggesting changes, as needed.
- Assists in assigning projects to analysts and product specialists as well as other stakeholders.
- Accompanies resources in the application of the methodologies and ensures their understanding and application.
- Ensures that weekly customer follow-ups are completed by the implementation consulting team.
- Coordinates and helps to prioritize the activities of the various stakeholders in the project: analysts, programmers, specialists, etc.
- Issues reports to management on the achievement of objectives in terms of quality, quantity, time and costs.
- Sets the standard for the company’s quality directives.
- Sets up computerized production tools (production reports, schedules, etc.).
- Prepares and updates global reports on project progress.
- Ensures the link and transmission of data and information between the various stakeholders (analysts, programmers, sales, management, etc.)
- Ensures the development and implementation of control tools (tools that ensure complete coverage of various customer request after signoff).
Skills and experience
- BA in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
- 2-4 years recent experience overseeing the implementation of a software application, ideally a finance of ERP focused product.
- 1-2 year of experience with a minimum of 2 full cycle project implementations as a Project Manager
- Advanced skills in business analysis with the capability to capture requirements and make recommendations on the best way to implement the requirements to meet overall business goals.
- Exceptionally detail oriented with strong planning and project management abilities with a track record of delivering projects on-time, under budget.
- Collaborative relationships building skills with business and technology departments that drive business results at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong functional and systems experience within mid-market type accounts.