Project Manager - Project Lead
Seneca, SC 29672-8061
9 Months(Extension possible)
Interview: Phone interviews will be conducted. Face-to-face interviews will be conducted with a short-list of candidates.
** Due to the responsibilities and duties of this position, the position will be 100% on site**
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
THIS POSITION INCLUDES THE POTENTIAL FOR WORKING ON MULTIPLE PROJECTS RELATED TO THE MEDICAID SYSTEM OF S.C. THIS POSITION INVOLVES COORDINATING PROJECTS WITH SC DHHS MEDICAID IT STAFF AND THE MEDICAID IT SERVICES STAFF AT CLEMSON UNIVERSITY.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision, the Project Manager manages and coordinates all tasks associated with one or more small-to-large projects or a component of a larger project of minimal to moderate complexity and risk. The Project Manager will report to the Medicaid IT Services PMO Manager. This is an individual contributor position with no responsibilities for human resource management (e.g., hiring, performance management). Candidates must be self-starters and highly motivated.
Follows established Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Medicaid IT Services.
• Develops and maintains documentation throughout the entire project lifecycle.
• Is responsible for managing and directing the initiation, planning, execution, control, and closeout phases of the project lifecycle for small to large projects.
• Coordinates and manages projects using project management methodologies from inception through completion.
• Develops work plan(s).
• Controls scope and schedule to ensure project deliverables, milestones and required tasks completed as planned and on time.
• Oversees the development and execution of communication plan.
• Prepares status reports and provides updates to project stakeholders, sponsors, champion, etc.
• Identifies potential problems.
• Facilitates problem resolution by determining or recommending and implementing a risk mitigation strategy.
• Possesses ability to build a collaborative and high-performing project team with project resources.
• Works within the structure of Change Management and Release Management to coordinate implementations to the Medicaid System of South Carolina.
• This position may require working more than 40 hours per week on an as-needed basis, including weekends.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
PROJECT MANAGEMENT. STRONG ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS. STRONG ANALYTICAL, CONCEPTUAL, AND PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS. KNOWLEDGE OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE. ADVANCED MICROSOFT WORD, EXCEL, AND MICROSOFT PROJECT.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED: EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS (WRITTEN AND ORAL), ADAPTABILITY, FLEXIBILITY, SELF-MOTIVATION, TIME MANAGEMENT, ABILITY TO WORK EFFECTIVELY IN A STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
HEALTHCARE CLAIMS PROCESSING
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of project management experience.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
****There is no remote work for this assignment. All work will be done onsite. ****