VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets. Our team has completed more than 2,000 projects on more than 240 different ships in the last 7 years with a value of more than $500 million. Our intent is to become the industry leader in C4ISR life-cycle technical and engineering services. VT Group has wide-ranging experience in C4ISR project management, design, installation, test, operator training, and sustainment at major CONUS and OCONUS ports. Our team, many of whom are former military that carry security clearances at the secret level and above, are certified and experienced in systems that span the C4ISR environment. This seasoned workforce allows us to maintain our revered maritime reputation.
VT Group is seeking a Project Manager located in San Diego, CA.
Plans, directs, oversees, coordinates, and resolves technical issues of designated C5ISR project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Project Manager will have a thorough knowledge of shipboard C5ISR installation practices and procedures. Directs the activities of the installation team. Strong knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures with the field of shipboard/submarine electronics repair, fabrication, and installation. Relies on experience and judgement to perform the functions of this job.
Specific duties include:
- Reviews complicated project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work schedule and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Ten (10) years of direct work experience with surface ship C4ISR installations that includes:
- Eight (8) years of direct work experience in managing or performing the design, implementation, testing, inspection, logistics, resource management, and completion of C4ISR system installation efforts for US Navy surface ships
- Four (4) years as manager of shipboard installation projects involving multiple systems and in performing tasks to include: Supervising Project Personnel, Scheduling Work, Writing Proposals and Preparing Bids, and Equipment and Material Logistics Control.
- PMP Certification is highly desireable.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- Secret Security clearance
- Valid driver's license