RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Project Manager in San Jose, California (CA).
Your role as Project Manager is to assist the Project's Engineering Leads in executing a work package for a client's project with a focus on speed, quality, and cost. You will need to be comfortable using supplied data to make informed decisions regarding project timeline, budget, and procurement and be comfortable working in an agile work environment, where quick delivery and constant iteration are the norm.
To get specific, your responsibilities will be to:
- Monitor progress and provide project schedule visibility to key stakeholders
- Create and distribute project KPIs, detailing project performance
- Track and monitor project budget, as well as regularly post actual vs planned expenditures
- Issue meeting minutes and memorandums to relevant parties
- Conduct financial reviews, ensuring the overall budget reflects current plans from the workstreams
- Conduct contract reviews and assist with creation of contracts between client and outside vendors
- Aggressively pursue program-specific tasks and issues identified by the Engineering Leads, Project Executive, and Senior Technologist to conclusion
- An Undergraduate Business degree and at least five years of work experience and demonstrated track-record in project coordination activities
- Excellent communication skills (strong coordination and relational skills to deal with customers, authorities, internal and external partners)
- Experience with working with diverse teams (overseas exposure is ideal)
- Passion for increasing productivity of engineering teams
- Experience with managing agile software development teams, using agile methods, tools, and applying best practices
- Familiarity with project management tools such as JIRA
- Ability to travel frequently and as needed, including internationally, to support successful project execution and delivery
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.