Project Manager, Santa Cruz, CA�
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
ACCO Engineered Systems has been annually recognized by a national industry magazine as one of the top-10 specialty contractors in the United States, and the leader in its mechanical contracting field for the Western United States. We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO an engaging place to work.
Under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager, this position will be primarily responsible for prospecting, estimating and closing maintenance contracts, repairs of all sizes and retrofit projects in the Existing Building Market. Successful performers in this position will have the ability to develop, maintain and enhance ongoing relationships were Service Customers.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?�
1.�Prepare and Deliver Customer Proposals
Includes retrofit projects, repairs of all sizes and maintenance contracts.
This will include clearly defining scope, exclusions and general conditions in writing.
Negotiate scope and pricing with the customer to assure a solution for the customer and a profit for ACCO.
2.�Survey job sites, develop Job Cost Estimates and Interface with ACCO Engineering
Visit job sites or obtain information from field technicians to prepare job cost estimates and alternatives solutions for customer problems.
Must be able to obtain equipment pricing from appropriate vendors and analyze the differences between the various features for each line of equipment.
Use the multiple software packages provided by the Company to prepare estimates for a variety of work including sheet metal, piping and equipment/parts replacements.
Utilize internal Engineering assets to develop conceptual solutions, system sizing, and equipment selection to assure proper design and installation drawings. The project Manager remains responsible for the final Engineering and Constructability of our solution.
3.�Prepare Ductwork and Piping takeoffs
Estimating job costs and developing the scope for proposals requires takeoff skills.
Must be able to read construction drawings.
Strong math and analytical skills are required.
Using third party software, prepare or review (if prepared by others) load calculations to determine cooling and heating requirements.
5.�Selling Maintenance Contracts
Develop an understanding of the scope for�ACCOCare,�ACCOGuard�and�ACCOServe�maintenance contracts.
Review all�ACCOGuard�and�ACCOServe�work orders to determine if the work performed is covered by the contract or is billable.
Determine appropriate tasking for a maintenance contract and prepare booking documentation.
6.�Develop and Maintain Customer Relationships
Prospect for future customers continuously
Close sales transactions and keep customers happy.
Make sure customers are aware of all services provided by ACCO.
7. Communicating with Field Personnel
Clearly conveying the scope of work for sold jobs to the field.
Be available to assist the field in problem-solving in the middle of jobs
Participate in pre-job meetings
Develop variance reports to analyze the outcome of jobs that go over budget and discuss the results with field personnel and Division Management.
8.�Business Ethics and Professional Conduct�� At all times external and internal customers, vendors and fellow employees must be treated fairly, honestly and with the intent of maintaining a mutually beneficial long-term relationship.
�Allocate time and maintain a realistic schedule to provide service and solutions to existing customers before taking on new business.
Learn and utilize internal documentation tools to completely and timely record project and billing information.
Thoroughly document repair and project work in files, which can be shared and understood by other ACCO employees in your absence.
10.�Managing ACCO�s Resources
Prepare necessary documentation to properly initiate a project awarded to ACCO. This will include communicating with Purchasing for Equipment Orders and releasing Subcontractors in a timely fashion and with proper ACCO approved documents.
Conducting Prejob Conferences with all appropriate attendees to communicate all relevant issues for a secured job. Documentation should be distributed in this meeting.
Analyzing ACCO�s internal cost reports and keeping Division Management posted on the forecasted outcome of the project on a monthly basis.
Involve Division Management in a prebid meeting to discuss whether or not the Company should propose on this work, agree on technical approach and pricing. The Project Manager may be required to involve other resources or people in the estimating, proposal writing and pricing strategy of the project proposal and execution of the project if ACCO is awarded the project.
Extra Work Proposals must be priced using the internal Extra Work Proposal estimated documents and submitted to the customer in writing in a timely manner.
The Project Manager must assist the Company in resolving collection issues.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?�
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years in the HVAC Service Industry. Education requirements are either an Associates' degree in HVAC or a Bachelors's Degree, preferably in Engineering. Must have an advanced level understanding of HVAC and Control Systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with a variety of personality types.
- Good organizational and time management skills are required in order to handle multiple issues
- Able to participate in customer relations issues and find solutions to solve customer disputes
- Strong technical knowledge in HVAC equipment, ductwork, and piping.
- Understand the necessity of maximizing the productivity of our technician workforce.
- Good verbal, written, listening and computer skills.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- (The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and at times reach above shoulder height to access storage cabinets. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Possess a range of motion sufficient to look into the interior of air conditioning equipment.
- Climb both fixed and extension ladders, Raise a roof hatch
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Regular and routine attendance. Telecommuting is not permitted.
- Drive a motor vehicle, All individuals in this position must possess a valid driver�s license and auto liability insurance.
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - �including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.