BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE PROJECT MANAGER/SCRUM MASTER HYBRID
ALTA IT Services has a immediate 12 month + contract opportunity for a Senior Project Manager/ Scrum Master with a strong Business Intelligence background to support a respected health insurer in Reston, VA. The position has strong potential for follow-on work in addition to the possibility for conversion to direct hire.
The role requires US Citizenship, Legal Permanent Residency or Employment Authorization Document; and the selected candidate must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
The Project Manager/Scrum Master Hybrid role for the Business Intelligence (BI) reporting project builds a strong sense of urgency and keeps the team moving smoothly while trying new agile-friendly ways to increase velocity and team productivity.
The PM/Scrum Master will look ahead to identify risks, dependencies and impediments, leading the team and business in finding a solution, actively escalating when needed to ensure resolution. They will also keep a pulse on needs and insights from stakeholders and other initiatives, regularly communicating status, changes in direction, and relevant metrics to avoid misalignment and roadblocks.
- Serve as a leadership trio with the Tech Lead and Lead Business Analyst, jointly accountable for successful capture of business value and execution of project
- Primarily focus on current sprint, sprint+1 planning and in-flight MVFs
- Organize artifacts and documentation created by team, as appropriate to aid team efficiency
- Create necessary communications to align across related initiatives
- Empower project team members
- Foster an inclusive culture
- Ensure scrum is understood and enacted
- Facilitate key ceremonies driving agility
- Encourages tools adoption and process adherence that aid the team
- Set up and facilitate iteration planning, daily scrum, demo, and retrospective meetings
- Keep track of performance on a daily basis
- Identify risks and issues and take ownership of issue resolution
- Coach team on the Agile methodology and help them improve on the required
- Create a baseline of cost and schedule according to the initial story backlog
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Publishes periodic project status reports and represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- 8+ years relevant Agile project experience managing complex Business Intelligence projects
- 5+ years of experience with business intelligence, analytics, data modeling and Big Data concepts
- 5 + years experience in Healthcare Payer setting especially focused on enrollment, claims, member, contracts, and benefits operational and strategic reporting/analytics projects delivery
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
Reports to: Healthcare Analytics Director
SALARY RANGE: $140,000 to $150,000 range annually plus benefits and paid time off. Commensurate with exeperience
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTA IT Services, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.