ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The IS Project Manager position is responsible for managing a Scrum team to delivery key portfolio initiatives using agile methodologies.
• Leading project implementations of solutions for our business with responsibility to deliver project through the management of project priorities, project plans, resource assignments, and cross-functional user coordination supporting Sales, Marketing, Service and other initiatives as assigned.
• Overall responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the implementation project lifecycle.
• This is an exciting role in a challenging and fast-paced environment that requires business-customer partnership skills, business & technical acumen and the ability to effectively execute projects.
Partnering with Business (15%)
• Collaborates with business partners to determine opportunities and priorities.
• Scopes and structures initiatives into IS projects. Performs requirements gathering.
• Works with business to provide status updates, open issues and resolutions.
• Effectively interacts with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Project Leadership and Management (85%)
• Effectively communicates to project stakeholders.
• Documents minutes, action items etc from Project meetings.
• Authors and publish Project Charter.
• Acts as the scrum master utilizing formal Agile methodologies and conducting agile ceremonies.
• Works with the tea/product owner to define definition of done for the sprint scope.
• Leading sprint planning sessions ensuring the Product Owner is prioritizing user stories and Team is effectively estimating story points.
• Tracking and publishing common agile health reporting such as burn down charts and velocity.
• Negotiates and documents UAT exit criteria.
• Maintains Risk, Next Step, Issues log.
• Manages defect resolution process.
• Conducts and documents retrospectives.
• Facilitates & coordinates production change management including Service Now change requests
• Strong facilitation, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Project Management Certification from a reputable institution. PMP Preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
• Minimum of bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business or related field required.
• 5+ years of experience in applying proven project management methodologies to large mission critical projects.
• 3+ years of experience using Agile methodology
• Experience supporting Service, Sales or Marketing projects
• Strong visual mapping skills (e.g. Value Stream Mapping; Process Flows; Relationship Diagrams).
• Experience with CRM systems (MS Dynamics 365 a plus.)
• Highly organized and self-driven individual with ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment across a portfolio of projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Skilled at building and fostering relationships within a matrix organization.