"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under limited supervision, the Project Manager manages and coordinates all tasks associated with one or more small-to-large projects or a component of a larger project of minimal to moderate complexity and risk.
- The Project Manager will report to the Medicaid IT Services PMO Manager.
- This is an individual contributor position with no responsibilities for human resource management (e.g., hiring, performance management).
- Candidates must be self-starters and highly motivated.
- Follows established Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Medicaid IT Services.
- Develops and maintains documentation throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Is responsible for managing and directing the initiation, planning, execution, control, and closeout phases of the project lifecycle for small to large projects.
- Coordinates and manages projects using project management methodologies from inception through completion.
- Develops work plan(s).
- Controls scope and schedule to ensure project deliverables, milestones and required tasks completed as planned and on time.
- Oversees the development and execution of communication plan.
- Prepares status reports and provides updates to project stakeholders, sponsors, champion, etc.
- Identifies potential problems.
- Facilitates problem resolution by determining or recommending and implementing a risk mitigation strategy.
- Possesses ability to build a collaborative and high-performing project team with project resources.
- Works within the structure of Change Management and Release Management to coordinate implementations to the Medicaid System
- This position may require working more than 40 hours per week on an as-needed basis, including weekends.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Project Management strong organizational skills. strong analytical, conceptual, and problem solving skills. Knowledge of software development life cycle. Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft project.
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Effective communication skills (written and oral), adaptability, flexibility, self-motivation, time management, ability to work effectively in a stressful environment
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Healthcare claims processing
- Process development and management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor's degree and 4-6 years of project management experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)