VHB’s growing Watertown, MA office is seeking Project Manager/Senior Site-Civil Engineer to join our Land Development group.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Massachusetts market and be able to contribute to group business development efforts.
- Project management duties including development of contracts and invoicing
- Managing project financials, preparing contracts and proposals
- Participation in Business Development activities
- Site layout and grading
- Coordination with architects, building mechanical engineers, and plumbers
- Hydraulic analysis and stormwater treatment design
- Utility layout and detailing
- Utility agency coordination
- Construction phase design support
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and the ability to lead a design team
- Advanced CAD skills including LD Desktop/Civil 3D experience
- HydroCAD and StormCAD skills are desirable
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to meeting project deadlines and challenges while working in a team setting
- BS in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of professional civil engineering experience, including site engineering, stormwater and utility design supporting building projects
- EIT required, PE preferred
- Massachusetts project experience a plus
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.