Please apply directly to The Middlesex Corporation link below:
The Project Manager shall oversee total construction effort to ensure projects are safely constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. This includes interfacing with client representatives, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Review project features with the Estimating Department
- Work with the Project Engineer and Superintendent to develop and maintain a project schedule with the appropriate attributes
- Submit preliminary paperwork such as submittals, introductory letters, subcontractor approvals, lump sum breakdowns of work items, affirmative action documents, etc.
- Develop a submittal log, a project organization chart, and a material storage plan
- Initiate project startup and closeout sheet and submit a copy to the construction department and set up and maintain project files
- Required to sign off on the budget prior to the start of construction
- Responsible for all aspects of cost management for the project
- Submit a quarterly cost revision with an explanation of any cost variance
- Submit change order logs to the regional office monthly
- Coordinate and direct all project activities with the Project Superintendent/General Superintendent to ensure that all milestones are met and job continuity is maintained
- Conduct weekly meetings
- Prepare and review periodic estimates with the owner's representative/Resident Engineer and submit an approved original estimate or pencil sheet copy to the regional office with the appropriate subcontractor quantity split.
- Attend final punch list inspection and/or closeout meeting and complete final documents
- Maintain contact with the project Owner and Architect/Engineer to obtain reduction of retainage and final payment and close out jobsite office
- B.S. in Civil Engineering major or construction related field
- Minimum of 8 years of successful and progressive experience in the civil construction field
- Experienced in budget management, schedule, quality control, and knowledge of all phases of construction
- OSHA 10 Certified
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Possess strong leadership qualities
- Above average organizational skills
Earn up to $750 in a signing bonus.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Project Manager (General)